Carousel gives internal error 500

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #46593

purchased hika shop essential, had that running for a month or so then decided to upgrade to business as we wanted the use of the carousel.

When putting the carousel on the page, browsing through catagories is fine, but when viewing a product we get error 500. we have only just installed this and not yet had time to edit any of the setting within.

here is an example of the category - www.pocket-tech.co.uk/shop/category/13-iphone-4#

and here is a link of the product bringing up error 500 - www.pocket-tech.co.uk/shop/product/38-front-glass-digitizer-4g

9 times out of 10 it will only occur on the product page however sometimes the problem occurs on the whole website.

any ideas

regards

chris s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #46637

also cant seem to edit the width of the overal module?

could you help?

12 years 1 week ago #46748

any help?

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 1 week ago #46780

Hi,

So you say that when you have the carousel you have the problem. Does that means that when you don't have the carousel, you don't have the problem ?
Because to me, it sounds like you always have the problem, regardless of the carousel.

I would say that the problem is related to the SEF of joomla.
Because if you access your products page without SEF like that www.pocket-tech.co.uk/index.php?option=c...uct&task=show&cid=38 it works. But if you acceess the same page with SEF www.pocket-tech.co.uk/shop/product/38-front-glass-digitizer-4g , it doesn't.
Could you try to turn off SEF in the joomla configuration ? Does it work ?

12 years 6 days ago #46804

nicolas wrote: Hi,

So you say that when you have the carousel you have the problem. Does that means that when you don't have the carousel, you don't have the problem ?
Because to me, it sounds like you always have the problem, regardless of the carousel.

I would say that the problem is related to the SEF of joomla.
Because if you access your products page without SEF like that www.pocket-tech.co.uk/index.php?option=c...uct&task=show&cid=38 it works. But if you acceess the same page with SEF www.pocket-tech.co.uk/shop/product/38-front-glass-digitizer-4g , it doesn't.
Could you try to turn off SEF in the joomla configuration ? Does it work ?

hi there thanks for your reply.

the problem is only there when the carousel module is enabled, if it is not enabled the problem is not there

using the link you provided without SEF does not show the module on the right which can be viewed here pocket-tech.co.uk/shop , this is where the carousel is placed so i assume that is why you can view the page.

If i turn SEF url's of in both joomla and hikashop menus there is no difference, i still canot view the products.

i can give you access to the back end if you would like? if this would be easier for you im also having problems with this www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/46189...hanges-required.html which i would really appreciate you doing whilst in the back end

regards

chris

12 years 6 days ago #46809

Mmm. Yes, I'll need a back end access to look at that. Please provide it via our contact form with a link to this thread.

12 years 4 days ago #47054

nicolas wrote: Mmm. Yes, I'll need a back end access to look at that. Please provide it via our contact form with a link to this thread.

sent the information over, however the module is currently dissabled as i have another thread open which needs looking at.

regards

12 years 3 days ago #47133

The problem was only appearing because you had the module published in Joomla. I published it in the "modules under the product page" option of the configuration, as explained the documentation of the related module and it's working fine now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pockettechuk

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds