Nested subcategories in Content Module

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 4 months ago #35611

Hi,

I've been looking at the examples on the demo-site and tried various settings, but I can't seem to figure out how to show nested subcategories in a Content Module. I cannot get anything beyond the first subcategory-level to show up in the module. Is that actually possible? Or could this be a template-issue?

I'm using Hikashop 1.5.5 on Joomla 1.7.3

Thanks for any insights!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 4 months ago #35647

Hi,

Yes it's possible :)
In the hikashop options of your module (you can access that page via the menu Display->Content modules), you should make sure that your layout is "list" and that your "Show sub categories" option is set to "All direct sub categories".

12 years 4 months ago #35654

I actually tried that but it doesn't get me where I want.

What I'm trying to accomplish is that the content module 'opens' the subcategory I'm clicking on to show me the 'sub-sub-categories'...

Right now I can see all Main-categories and their respective subcategories, but when I click on one of those subcategories to open it, the content module does not show the available subcategories inside it. So, I want to get to the third level... :)

12 years 4 months ago #35699

Ah yes, there is no third level support in that module. Only two levels are supported.

For that, you would have to create one menu item of the type hikashop category listing per category and use a joomla menu accordion module to display the menu items.

12 years 4 months ago #35783

Ehm... OK... I can do that...

It's going to be a LOT of work though. Right now we use 55 categories (and counting) for which I'd have to create menu-items plus configuring Hikashop menus... Not to mention what it will take to reflect changes made in the category structure or adding new ones.

I guess it would make a lot of people very happy if this ended up on Hika's ToDo list... :) It would make a great addition to Hikashop Essential and Business (at least).

Anyway, thanks for the answer!

12 years 4 months ago #35789

It's already in the todo list, like a lot of other things :)
We'll get to it.

12 years 4 months ago #35796

Wish I could help... :)

Keep up the good work!

(hitting the 15k soon, eh... ;))

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds