issue with CP and "edit your account information"

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 3 months ago #36544

Hi,

on my website, i create a top menu including "My account" as menuitem link. When standard user is logged-in and click on "My Account", the user Control Panel is displayed.
my problem is when user click on "edit your account information" is directly redirected to Home Page with a system message: "You are already logged in!"

it's something completely new for me. What could be the problem ?

thx.

What does not kill you, makes you stronger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 3 months ago #36591

Hi,

I've never heard of that problem.
That "edit your account information" link is displayed by the Hikashop User account Plugin. If you disable it, you won't see the user account edition link.
The page itself is displayed by Joomla so not sure why it would tell you that and not display your user account.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 3 months ago #36885

Basically joomla doesn't show as I use ExtendedReg component to extend the functionalities.

In this case, your plug-in "edit your account information" in User CP doesn't redirect to correct URL.

I would like to customize this plug-in (override it) or create an additional plug-in for those who are in my case.

i found the plug-in but i need to know what is the best way now to override it or in the worst case what should i do to create an additional plug-in and make the user CP loading it instead of your default plug-in ?

thx.

What does not kill you, makes you stronger.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by alain.roger.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 3 months ago #37025

You can easily create a new one based on the user_account one that you saw. Just copy the files, change the names and change accordingly the user_account you will find everywhere in the plugin and you will have a second plugin for you. Then just change the URL in the plugin, zip the files, install via the joomla installer, publish and you're done.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds