How to do different discounts on different product

• Thank you received: 6
12 years 3 months ago #37136

Hi,
I am trying to work out how to do product discounts.

I have 20 shirts all with different prices and i want to do different discounts amounts for each.

How do i do that? In other shopping carts there is usually a discount field in the product edit page where you put in the discount amount and when it starts and stops.

(whilst the HikaShop documentation is quite good, i find it hard to search for things. I type discounts in the search box but i cannot find the documentation for it!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #37140

After further reading of the documentation and also testing, it seems the product discount system has some shortcomings.

If you have 10,000 products and you want to do discounts on these products, you have to manually create another 10,000 discounts which are separate to the actual product page. It starts to get quite complicated. If the discount for the actual product is within the product page then at least you know exactly where you can set the discounted price for that product.

It starts to get really hard to find the discount which is assigned to which product when you have 10,000 discount rules setup. It seems quite unintuitive.

The coupon part works well, i just don't like the way the discount system is setup and suggest you move the discount screen into the product page as a box (say as a box on the right hand side like Files, Images, Characteristics etc).

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by woonydanny.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 3 months ago #37265

Thank you for your input.
We'll add that to the todo list.

The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

12 years 3 months ago #37296

this would be so good to have!!! thanks!!!!

10 years 6 months ago #129969

Has this been implemented yet? looking to move back to hikahop but hoping a few of these key usability issues have been resolved

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 6 months ago #130010

Hi,

This is not yet implemented, we don't had other requests about that, that's why it's still on our TODO list, we have developed more important things. (needed by more people).
But we keep that in mind.

10 years 6 months ago #130348

well it is important to me, there are a few annoying (and not intuituve) things with Hikashop that made me use other software on sites. I was checking back to see if these items have been fixed, which they havent. so i guess ill keep using the other software.

Just because users like me are not here everyday requesting it, does not mean they are not important issues or requests. it just means more people may be leaving like i did to find other solutions....

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 6 months ago #130400

Hi,

You're right, it does not mean that it's not an important issue or request.

We would like to implement all the requested features to have a component more powerful, but we have a lot of request and things to do, so we can't do all the things as we want.

Actually the best way would be to implement a plugin which will get the value of a previously created custom field in the table "product" to apply this discount on the product. But if you want to manage a different discount per product, why not use the "retail price" (msrp) field to display the common price and your price, and change the translation to display the original price and discounted price ?

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds