External image storage
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
product_code,images
myproduct1,myimage1.jpg
myproduct2,myimage2.jpg
...etc...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just want to pass the URL where the image already resides and have it display while still on the image server. e.g. I want to pass www.imagestore.com/myimage.jpg to the product definition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Surely this is just what path the code which does the conversion uses. Is it possible for you, or someone else, to point me to the file which does the conversion of images into the thumbs displayed?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've seen the joomlart extension www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-amazon-s3 which I think can acheive my aim, but I wondered if anyone had:
1. any sucess integrating that extension with hikashop; and /or
2. if anyone has any other way of allowing hikashop to use an external storage (other than as described above)
Kind regards
Ben
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just enter the URL instead of upload the file when you add it to the product.
For images however, it's not possible as the thumbnails have to be generated by HikaShop so the images have to be stored locally.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've tried using "" and '' to surround the file statement but neither work
When I manually add the file with http:// then it works like a charm
any thoughts?
p.s.
I've also tried changing the location of the file upload path in the configuation to the root of the external site; I didn't expect this to work and it didn't!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It won't add the URL in the database.
That's normal that it doesn't work, regardless of the quotes you're using around it.
You would have to edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php and remove that part so that it doesn't do that:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ideally i'd like the file name and the file path to be different, I've removed the uploading part so the section now reads
I can see that $name becomes the file name, but I can't see where $file disappears to and I can't see how either fit with the (and I assume I'm looking at the right function later in the import.php) _insertFiles function
The only reason that I want to do this becuase if the full file path is given as the name then it looks bad on the order form and also allows the customer to see where the files are located - potentially allowing them to access the other files.
Thanks for your help so far
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, in the _insertFiles, you will have to extract the name of the file from the URL and add it in the insert SQL query.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
myimageserver.com/GetProductImage.aspx?i...ntid=163616359233856
I can see the file is uploaded to the upload folder, and it has the filename "GetProductImage.aspx?id=3&clientid=163616359233856". Everything before the . is used as image name, but I guess .aspx?id=3&clientid=163616359233856 is an unknown file extension when trying to use the image.
Any solution to how this can be solved easily?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
$name = array_pop($parts);
in the import.php file in order to generate a correct file name.
For example:
$name = 'file_'.rand().'.jpg';
That will use a filename file_12354.jpg where 12354 is a random number.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.