AlphaUserPoints Questions

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #89771

Trying AUP to see if it will work on a client's site. Couple questions/comments.

1. Noticed that when I installed AUP and merged the users, I lost addresses store for one user in Hikashop. All gone!

2. The client would like to give out points based on price of products, but only in one category. I cannot see in the instructions or the settings how to do that. I see how to assign points for purchases in a category, but it appears that it will give an amount of points no matter the item price. We need to do either a percentage of the selling price of the item or using the $1 = 0.10 points, but we want this to be only for products within a category.

3. As part of that, is it possible to allow using the points only for that same category?

4. The newest version of AUP that I installed has a couple settings not covered in the online Hikashop documentation. In the payment module at the top right under the Images field is a Price field. What is that for? That is followed by a percentage field, but their is no explanation in the help for either of these fields.

5. Is there an easy, simple screen or component that can show the registered user/buyer how many points they have accumulated? Perhaps in the Hikashop user cpanel? The AUP user menu page has far too many things showing for just a simple rewards program.

Our client wants to reward people who buy in a category with a basic buy 9, get the 10th free. By using 0.10 cents per dollar spent to award points, I think that would accumulate correctly. Now just need to iron out some of the above details to see if we can use this.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #89983

Hi,

1. We are not able to reproduce your problem. Addresses are store in HikaShop and it is not possible that AUP touch it.

2. There is an option in the plugin called "Points earning on categories"

3. It's not possible

4. "Price" and "Percentage" are not option of AUP but HikaShop options. It's for the payment fees.
You can find these options in all payment (and shipping) plugins because they are added by HikaShop itself.

5. You can override all views in HikaShop so, you can add some PHP code which would load AUP and display his credits.

Best regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #90078

In reply,

1. The only thing we did was upgrade to HS2.1 and install AUP. We then were prompted to Sync the users in AUP. All 3 HS addresses stored for the Super User were gone following that. Can't imagine they simply disappeared on their own. Fair warning to others thinking of installing (or possibly upgrading to 2.1??).

2. Need a more clear response. Are we able to have AUP users earn points in only a single category of products and earn those points based on purchase price (points per dollar spent)?

3. I see that these options are in other payment and shipping modules. However, the help screens do not explain what they are, how to use them or what they do. Could I get an explanation so that we can understand whether we need to configure for our client?

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #90180

Hi,

HikaShop updates does not modify the content of tables. We do not remove any line in the database.
I really don't know what AUP could to in order to remove lines from an HikaShop table. Are you sure that the lines are really gone ? Did you check the table content with phpmyadmin ?

The option "Points earning on categories" would give, for each product from a category, a specific number of points.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...userpoints-form.html

We are working on the documentation but there is a lot of payment en shipping plugins.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #90251

Nope. Checked the table (hikashop_address). All of the previous addresses for Super User gone. Only the new addresses there.

• Thank you received: 13062
11 years 2 months ago #90496

Nor HikaShop nor AUP delete anything in the address table.
I don't see how it would be possible.
And no one ever reported such issue with AUP or HikaShop update.
All I can think of is something you did on your backend to delete the addresses of your user.

11 years 2 months ago #90503

Interesting. New to Joomla/HS, so learning.

Just lost the addresses again (this afternoon). These are test addresses I have been using for testing Hikashop and they are for the Super User. Is there something that does not allow the Super User to keep addresses in Hikashop?

I did just have someone with an IP in Russia register a fake user in Hikashop this afternoon. Saw the info in Akeeba Admin notes attached to the user info. The Super User addresses were there last night, but were gone as of a few minutes ago when I checked after getting your post.

Does that mean someone is hacking my users/Hikashop and overwriting, taking over or otherwise deleting those Super User addresses kept in Hikashop?

11 years 2 months ago #90684

False registration from Russia again this morning. Not showing in Joomlawatch as a visitor but as a Bot.

Path was home > registration > component/hikashop/user/form?Itemid=183 (couple times) > component/hikashop/checkout/activate_page/lang-en

Seems to be trying to access Hikashop. But once again, the addresses (2) for the Super User in Hikashop are gone. Either Joomla, Hikashop or some other component clears out Hikashop addresses for Super User on a routine basis, or someone is exploiting Hikashop somehow.

Have blacklisted the IP (for what that is worth) in Joomlawatch and Akeeba Admin, but not really sure what else to do. Not sure why they are clearing the addresses, if they are. Or why the addresses keep getting deleted somehow.

Also not sure how dangerous this fake registration is. What can they do with that since it requires email verification on both the Joomla and Hikashop settings in order to activate?

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 1 month ago #90930

Quite a strange problem you have here.
However this is definitely not because of Hikashop. We see no reason to delete addresses every day.
By the way, the Hikashop registration is using Joomla's registration.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds