Paypal Pro UK (not US)

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #24180

Does HikaShop support PayPal Pro UK? It's different from the US version. It's sometimes referred to as Paypal Payflow edition.

If it doesn't currently support it then are there plans to add that payment gateway?

If so I will gladly buy HikaShop as we are desperate for a good Joomla-integrated shopping cart.

(Currently using BigCommerce which we like, but it doesn't integrate with Joomla. We have used Virtuemart in the past but it wasn't great.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 8 months ago #24181

Hi,

The PayPal Pro plugin should work with any PayPal Pro account, regardless of the country, as long as you specify your currency in the payment plugin's options.

12 years 8 months ago #24187

There is definitely a difference between PayPal Pro and PayPal Pro UK(Payflow edition).

Look at the settings I have to enter into BC. From the screenshots of your PayPal Pro plugin, I don't think it will be compatible.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 8 months ago #24191

We actually didn't try with a UK account since we only have a US account.
Regarding the cardinal fields, it seems to be only required if you want to accept maestro cards:
www.paypal-business.co.uk/process-online...ith-paypal/index.htm

The rest is roughly the same options as in the HikaShop paypal pro plugin.
For the signature field which is in HikaShop I actually don't know if you have one ? Or if you should leave it blank ? Or if you should remove the line of code from the plugin.

Anyway, you should try to test the plugin in test mode with your account...

12 years 8 months ago #24196

I'll give it a try later tonight but I don't think it will work because I had this trouble when finding a UK compatible cart before.

I've uploaded a screenshot of the payment modules available in BC. You can see that they have separate payment modules for Paypal Website Payments Pro and Paypal Website Payments Pro(Payflow Edition) so they must be quite different from each other.

I'm willing to pay for a Payflow version to be written. Perhaps you could email me to say how much you would charge for this. I'm sure there are other people out there who require the Payflow Edition too.

File Attachment:

File Name: wppuk.png
File Size:22 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 8 months ago #24198

Hi, I am using the PayPal Pro Plugin and I have a UK account, this work ok for me as I have taken quite a few payments with it now. It did surprise me as it only requests the card number end date and CSV but as I say I have had not problems

rgds

12 years 8 months ago #24202

Thanks mohairbears (nice name!). I'll give it a try later tonight then and see what happens.

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 8 months ago #24204

A word of warning though, it does not give you their address in PayPal unless they have an account with that card, my users have to register with an address BEFORE they can make a purchase. I also always ship either recorded delivery or courier.

rgds

11 years 4 days ago #100413

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with there being no Payflow option. PayPal Pro plugin does work for me but I don't see myself every getting PCI DSS compliant. I realise this topic is old but did you ever manage to solve it?

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds