Sample Data

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8255

Is there any sample data bundle for hikashop (including products, images and categories )?

I did some basic search and couldn't find any.

I think such sample could really help newcomers with HikaShop. Plus, it wouldn't be that hard for you to simply export the data from www.demo.hikashop.com/ . In my case I don't really mind having a .zip (or tarball) of the images and a .sql for the data. However, it would make more sense to make it so it can be used with the "Import products" feature of HikaShop.

Is there plan for such sample, or maybe its already available somewhere?

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #8258

Well, we were thinking about doing it at one point but finally, we made it easier to display products on the front end and we added some tutorials in the documentation so finally it was less useful. Plus there is the demo website, and no one requested any sample data since then. So, we didn't feel like there was a need for it. We also try to keep hikashop's install package as light as possible so...
Is there a reason why you would need sample data ?

13 years 2 months ago #8269

I don't mean they should be in the install package, but maybe simply available for anyone who might need them.

I'm currently evaluating if Hikashop will suit my needs for a custom e-commerce website I am working on (we already discussed about this in another thread (multi-vendor shop)).

Having sample data available would have allowed me to setup a personal working demo site very quickly. In my case, I don't care much about the data I have for my customization, I simply need enough data to make extensive testing (multiple nested categories, multiple photos per product and enough products to test pagination, search, and so on.)

I don't mind that much setuping my own sample data. I'm just saying if every developper that needs/wants to customize hikashop have to make their own sample data, that makes a lot of "globally" wasted time.

Just my two cents :)

13 years 2 months ago #8274

We exported the demo website relevant tables and the images of the products and made a zip of that: www.hikashop.com/hikashop_demo_data.zip

You will have one SQL file that you can import in your phpmyadmin once your installed hikashop and the upload folder which need to be in the folder media/com_hikashop

• Thank you received: 4
12 years 9 months ago #19913

Hi.
You have a new set of demo data! Not bad.
You can upload demo data including records of orders and payment. (me need for debug)
Thank u in advance.

Good luck :)

12 years 9 months ago #19934

I updated the package with the data from the new demo website.
Please not that the images are copyrighted (we bought some of them in order to be able to use them on our demo website) and you can't use them on a real website without the authorization of the copyright holder.

12 years 9 months ago #19936

12 years 9 months ago #19952

Hi.
Nicolas, plz, check a file demo_data.sql. Its contents are not text, and binary.

12 years 9 months ago #19968

It's not demo_data.sql but demo_data.sql.gz
It's normal that the data is binary, the file is compressed.
You can still import it in phpmyadmin. Otherwise, if you want to edit it directly, you can just extract it first with 7zip or another compression tool.

12 years 6 months ago #25873

COBIZ webdevelopment | www.cobiz.nl
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by goslingcools.

12 years 6 months ago #25881

Indeed. I just put it back.

11 years 7 months ago #61859

After installing 'Hikashop Starter 1.5.9_2012-08-18' I tried to import this sample data. While tring to import the SOL through phpmyadmin it say's that the SQL has some fields that the tables installed by default with the component doesn't know about. Bottomline, can't install the Sample data SQL.

Sample data enables a new user to browse through and inspect it's features easily. It gives some extra confidence.

Suggestion:
It would be nice if Hikashop comes with some sample data by default like Virtuemart or JoomShopping or even Joomla CMS installation.

11 years 7 months ago #61969

That sample data is almost 1 year old. It's normal that you can't use it anymore.

Having default data loadable in HikaShop is something we want to add in the future.

If you want to look at the features easily the best is to look at the demo website: demo.hikashop.com
You can access both the front end and the back end and everything is already configured.

8 years 9 months ago #205684

For new comers reading this thread, sample data is now integrated in HikaShop and you can simply tick a checkbox in the install wizard in order to get the sample data added automatically.

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 10 months ago #271312

Is this still an option in v3.x series? Just installed v 3.1.1 on a brand new clean Joomla site and didn't see an option to install demo data. We're going to be doing some custom plugin development and it would save some time if this was still available.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #271313

Hi,

I don't understand what you're talking about.
pasteboard.co/fOhQiWPq4.png

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 10 months ago #271381

It's quite weird, but I didn't get the wizard the first install. Uninstalled and dropped all HikaShop tables, and then tried again and this time I got the wizard and sample data.

Thanks for confirming it was still supposed to be there.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds