- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Shared ssl
15 years 6 months ago #12809
by kawinight
Shared ssl was created by kawinight
im using starter hikashop, I have a shared ssl server and i need to know where to type the link or redirect etc... for my shared secure server.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12816
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shared ssl
There is no option to enter shared SSL URLs in HikaShop.
What you will have to do is to go in the menu Display->Views and edit the file step of the view checkout for your template and add the code below after the first <?php in order to automatically redirect to your https URL:
You need to replace https://my_shared_ssl_url by your shared ssl url
What you will have to do is to go in the menu Display->Views and edit the file step of the view checkout for your template and add the code below after the first <?php in order to automatically redirect to your https URL:
Code:
if(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) != "on"){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$requestUri = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
if (!empty($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])) $requestUri = rtrim($requestUri,'/').'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
$app->redirect('https://my_shared_ssl_url'.$requestUri);
}
You need to replace https://my_shared_ssl_url by your shared ssl url
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #37212
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Shared ssl
Could you please help me as to which file I put this in. I have
1221 Back end siteground-j16-7 config checkout
is the one I think I should put it in? Am I correct, becuase when I do, it still sends it to the main https: address and not the one I have given.
I am putting it just after the first <?php... Shown below.
Any help would be very kind.
<?php
if(strtolower($_SERVER) != "on"){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$requestUri = $_SERVER;
if (!empty($_SERVER)) $requestUri = rtrim($requestUri,'/').'?'.$_SERVER;
$app->redirect('https:https://draganfly.ssl-01.com'.$requestUri);
}
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.5.4
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2011 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
1221 Back end siteground-j16-7 config checkout
is the one I think I should put it in? Am I correct, becuase when I do, it still sends it to the main https: address and not the one I have given.
I am putting it just after the first <?php... Shown below.
Any help would be very kind.
<?php
if(strtolower($_SERVER) != "on"){
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$requestUri = $_SERVER;
if (!empty($_SERVER)) $requestUri = rtrim($requestUri,'/').'?'.$_SERVER;
$app->redirect('https:https://draganfly.ssl-01.com'.$requestUri);
}
/**
* @package HikaShop for Joomla!
* @version 1.5.4
* @author hikashop.com
* @copyright (C) 2010-2011 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPLv3 www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #37337
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shared ssl
You should edit the view file corresponding to your front end template, so it's definitely not this one which is for your backend.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #37482
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Shared ssl
Wonderful, I feel bit silly now.
Well, another silly question. On the shared website, how much of the main website do I have to put? Do you have an instruction sheet for it?
Thanks
Iain :blush:
Well, another silly question. On the shared website, how much of the main website do I have to put? Do you have an instruction sheet for it?
Thanks
Iain :blush:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #37582
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shared ssl
I don't know about that. What do you mean by shared website ?
The SSL part of the website ?
It should be the same website. You should not do a copy but have something in place to have the same website on both SSL and non SSL, but that depends on the way your hosting company setup your server. You should ask them.
The SSL part of the website ?
It should be the same website. You should not do a copy but have something in place to have the same website on both SSL and non SSL, but that depends on the way your hosting company setup your server. You should ask them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #37647
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Shared ssl
We have a domain name
www.cravens.org.uk
but we buy a shared ssl which has a seperate domain name of
cravens.ssl-01.com/
which is a totally separate site? Will this only work with a dedicated ssl? as in
www.cravens.org.uk
Thanks
p.s. Top software.
Thanks
p.s. Top software.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #37770
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shared ssl
Hi,
No it can work with a different URL with the modification mentioned above. However, you should not duplicate your website but configure it to use the same website (same files and same database). That's where you should ask your hosting company for directions.
No it can work with a different URL with the modification mentioned above. However, you should not duplicate your website but configure it to use the same website (same files and same database). That's where you should ask your hosting company for directions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38117
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Shared ssl
Ah,
I have contacted the hosting company and they have no idea. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Yours
Iain
I have contacted the hosting company and they have no idea. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Yours
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38118
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shared ssl
If they don't know how to configure the shared SSL on their own servers, who can ?
On my own server, I would do a symbolic link from the shard SSL directory to the normal website directory so that apache uses automatically the files from the normal website when in SSL.
But again, I don't know how they configure their servers and you probably don't have the access rights on the server to create symbolic links like that.
I don't see how you can do that yourself. That's why I told you to ask them...
I'm sorry but there is no magic bullet I can give you for that one.
On my own server, I would do a symbolic link from the shard SSL directory to the normal website directory so that apache uses automatically the files from the normal website when in SSL.
But again, I don't know how they configure their servers and you probably don't have the access rights on the server to create symbolic links like that.
I don't see how you can do that yourself. That's why I told you to ask them...
I'm sorry but there is no magic bullet I can give you for that one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38126
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Shared ssl
That's ok, I will find a regular bullet and fire it at them.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds