Australia Post Rates incorrect

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 weeks ago #15783

I compared the standard postage calculated by HikaShop with the rate sheet from AusPost and noticed the postage rates HikaShop calculates are not correct. A package weighing 300g should ship anywhere in Australia on the standard service for $5.80 including the 10% GST but Hikashop calculates it as $5.23 including GST which I think was the rate pre-June 2010. Is HikaShop pointing at the right place at AusPost?

Also my cart shows (price excl VAT) and I'd like to remove everything in the brackets and not display the excl VAT price, can you tell me how to do this please? I would also like to remove the taxes from the total at the bottom of the cart but cannot find the option for this either. Any help gratefully received.

HH.

always look on the bright side....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15786

HappyHammer wrote:

......I would also like to remove the taxes from the total at the bottom of the cart but cannot find the option for this either. Any help gratefully received.

HH.

I have managed to remove the taxes from the product by removing them from the tax category which is fine for now but I cannot stop the tax component of the freight from displaying on each of the shipping options and also in the total at the bottom.

Still have AusPost postage pricing issue.

HH.

• Thank you received: 13106
13 years 2 weeks ago #15808

Could you do a screenshot of the configuration of your Auspost plugin ?
The rates are asked dynamically to the auspost server each time so if the rate is not good, it's either a configuration problem, or a bug in the plugin or auspost which doesn't return the good rates.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15821

Hi Nicolas,

Please see below a screenshot of the AusPost config. I have also attached a section of the AusPost rate card so that you can see the current rates. I have a cart on another site that uses AusPost website for prices and they are working fine so looks like it is OK from their end.

BTW I'm testing your cart to potentially replace carts on all my other sites. :)

HH.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by HappyHammer.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15832

Could you try to remove the tax category of the settings ?

When you set a tax category on the australia post plugin, it will add the taxes to the rates sent back by australia post. But if australia post already include the taxes in the prices, then, you have twice the taxes applied on the prices. It can be useful when you want to add a fee to the prices but I think it should not be set if you want the same prices as the prices sheet of australia post.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15889

The cost being generated by HikaShop is less than the actual cost not more. I removed the taxes in case it was getting confused but this just resulted in it being even further away from the actual price. My experience with other carts is that the price is provided by AusPost without the tax applied.

This can be easily tested on the demo site by creating a product that weighs 300g and seeing if the cost returned plus tax equals $5.80 as per the rate table from AusPost.

Maybe the interface code or the url you use at AusPost needs to be amended to pickup the new pricing which started in June 2010?

HH.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15895

The plugin was developed 6 month ago so it's not possible that we use an old api. It's the latest rates...

I just tried on our demo website:
published the auspost plugin with a post code of 2450 without tax category setup
I went on the front end and bought 1 sunglasses. The weight is 150g and dimensions are 15/4/4 cm.
I logged in and change my address to australia with the post code 2450.

I got a price of :
8,80 AUD in express
4,75 AUD in standard

I then went on auspost website: auspost.com.au/apps/domestic-parcel.html
I entered the same information:

Sending parcels within Australia
From 2450To 2450
Weight Up to 250g
I had to use the option "Satchels and other items" as it is too small for parcels

And I got the prices:
Regular Parcel $ 4.75
Express Post Parcel $ 8.80

So the prices returned by the plugin and the prices on the auspost website matches perfectly with that test.

Are you sure you have the correct rates on your end ?

Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by nicolas.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15902

nicolas wrote:

I got a price of :
8,80 AUD in express
4,75 AUD in standard

Hi Nicolas,

I checked the AusPost website for the rates and the rates have changed since the rate card I posted above but the postage has increased so a parcel weighing 300g (between 250g and 500g) should cost $6.05 ($5.50 + $0.55 = $6.05). However HikaShop still calculates the standard postage as $5.23 ($4.75 + $0.48 = $5.23) which is not correct. I have the weight of the item set to 395g which is in the 250g - 500g range.

Can you try setting the weight of the sunglasses to 395g and see if it calculates the postage as $6.05?

HH.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15903

Hi Nicolas,

I tried this on your demo site and it still calculates the postage as $4.75 plus tax for a the Sunglasses weighing 395g which is not correct it should be $5.50 plus tax.

I then increased the weight to 600g and it still returned $4.75 plus tax as the shipping cost. Your API seems to pickup the base rate of postage but it does not increase based on the weight of the product.

HH.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15904

It's actually a setting problem.
The main weight is in kg (the first one in the config option of weight unit) but all the products weight are in g and hikashop automatically converts the weights to the main weight unit before the weight calculations and the weight is cast as an int. So 600g is 0.6kg and casting it as an int makes it 0. Thus only the base prices are taken.
If you swap the weight unit option from kg,g to g,kg in the config, it will pick the correct prices.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15942

Hi Nicolas,

I wouldn't have found that in a million years, thanks very much. Just a note for anyone else reading this thread the postage comes through from AusPost inclusive of the 10% GST so you need to set Taxes on the AusPost component to None to get the correct amount.

HH.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15943

Hi Nicolas,

One last question on this ;) Can you please tell me how to edit the (excl. VAT) that appears next to the freight cost when taxes are used. I need to change this to GST for Australia.

HH.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15951

You can go in the languages tab of the configuration and edit your language file there. That way you can override any text in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

13 years 2 weeks ago #15971

Thanks Nicolas, all done.

HH.

12 years 11 months ago #17210

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by ecomian. Reason: found the answer myself, sorry for wasting your time.

12 years 11 months ago #17211

Choose Hikashop then Configuration from the components menu in Joomla and in the bottom right of the screen you'll see the weight symbols parameter Nicolas mentions.

HH.

12 years 11 months ago #17212

Thanks I found worked it out sorry to bother you all!

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds