Custom Field for Order Affecting the Total $$

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #24617

Nicolas,

My client wants to increase the total by a certain percentage.

E.g. let's says a customer has order $200 worth of products.

She wants a check box that reads "Organic" and adds 20% to the total, so $240, and is also taxable.

Is this possible?

If not custom fields is there another way to accomplish this?

Thx!

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by cubefree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 7 months ago #24621

You need to have a custom field, and couple it with the modification of the code of one of the views of the checkout so that you add the product/remove the product automatically from the cart based on the choice of the user.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #24808

Hmmm... sound a bit beyond my expertise.

Surprised no one has asked for this...
It would seem like a great feature for HikaBusiness -- or perhaps HikaProfessional, the next level!?

Can we pay you to do it? :dry:
Or send you some good food? :P
Buy you a beer sometime? :woohoo:

We'd want a custom field for the order area with a taxable checkbox -- although I'd imagine some of your other patrons may want to apply a tax category.

And of course, the ability for the customer to select & UNselect the custom field at time of order.

My clients ultimate preference is to have such options for each product in the category view... but per another post, that was too exhaustive a chore.

Curious, you mentioned in another post somewhere that you were revamping the product variants/characteristics features. Will that change in future versions? My client finds the process of creating characteristics and variants too complicated. And while you can't have everything, I agree with her. However, it does not change my overall love for the product, its support and your dedication to improving it.

Thanks again.

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by cubefree.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 7 months ago #24877

The problem is that people want to do a wide range of different things. Sometimes, they want to add 1 product, someone several of them, it might depend on the value of the custom field, on its length or the weight of the order, the price, etc.
So it's hard to make something general which would enable you to do all of that.

We can of course do it for a fee. It will depend on what you want exactly, so we'll have to agree on what you want us to do before giving a final price. You can contact me via PM to continue that discussion if you want.

We didn't change variants/characteristics so far. We would indeed like at some point to simplify the creation of of characteristics/variants on the product page. However, that's a low priority for now.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds