Translations of HikaShop on Transifex

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #28367

Transifex is tool for helping translators and extension developers to keep they're work actual.

During some changes from version 1.3.x to 1.5.4, most of the current translations lack of completion.
All Listed here translations (are probably ok), but miss between 1 and 25 strings. Also regarding language codes (which are actual on Transifex), here some languages have to be listed properly, such as Chinese, Portuguese (Brazil) and Portuguese (Portuguese), and few more

English - 100%
Bulgarian - 100%
Vietnamese - 99%
Ukrainian - 99%
Turkish - 99%
Thai - 99%
Swedish - 99%
Slovenian - 99%
Russian - 99%
Romanian - 99%
Portuguese (Brazilian) - 99%
Portuguese (Portugal) - 99%
Polish - 99%
Dutch - 99%
Norwegian Bokmål - 99%
Latvian - 99%
Italian - 99%
Hungarian - 99%
Hebrew - 99%
Finish - 99%
Persian - 99%
Spanish - 99%
Greek - 99%
German - 99%
Danish - 99%
Czech - 99%
Catalan - 99%
Japanese - 99%
French - 99%
Lithuanian - 99%
Chinese (Taiwan) - 99%

Upcoming:
Macedonian - 0%
Bangladesh - 0%

Register on Transifex, and apply for your language to update your translation.
www.transifex.net/projects/p/hikashop/

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by ep98. Reason: Missing project page

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
12 years 4 months ago #28632

Is it possible to download the translations even though the are not 100% or do I have to wait until they are finished?

• Thank you received: 13020
12 years 4 months ago #28640

You can download them.
You should have any problem.
Actually, you can do that directly via the tab "languages" of the configuration of HikaShop by clicking on the new icon of your language and then on the "load latest from server" button and then saving.

12 years 4 months ago #28641

Yeah. But better login with your Transifex ID and fill the missing fields, those languages are taken from current Download/Languages page from this site.
Another option is:
Nicolas u have to mail all translations authors to update the missing fields in they're translations. If someone not do this in 2 weeks, translation will be counted as abandoned and we will look for another maintainer.

• Thank you received: 4
12 years 4 months ago #28644

I have now signed in for Transifex - but how do I find HikaShop there?

12 years 4 months ago #28658

I don't know about missing fields actually.
I always add the new translations' english version at the end of all the translation files so that there is no missing entry in the translation files. Then, it's up to users who speak the language to translate these new strings.
And the japanese and french versions are also complete since I'm the one creating the english, french and japanese versions.

12 years 4 months ago #28705

Well, check them
in French 1 missing - Advanced checkout worflow edition
(even with bug within the English file, it's WORKFLOW)

in Japanese 4 missing
- Show delete icons during checkout
- Debug
- Refresh IPs
- Advanced checkout worflow edition (with same bug)

That's why I said in first post, missing strings are between 1 and 20 in some languages, not everything was placed after ;Added in x.x.x version.

For me there are a missing strings, for Transifex too, for WinMerge ( www.winmerge.org ) - which does the same work as Transifex, just a bit lower; too

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by ep98.

12 years 4 months ago #28706

anders.drejer wrote:

I have now signed in for Transifex - but how do I find HikaShop there?

www.transifex.net/projects/p/hikashop/

12 years 4 months ago #28729

For the "Advanced checkout worflow edition" translation string, it's just that it was actually added after the release of 1.5.4 so it wasn't added in all the other translation files.

For the other three strings in japanese, it's a miss I didn't see when editing them.

I've uploaded new versions of these translation files with the translations added/corrected.

I actually already use winmerge to compare the translations.

12 years 4 months ago #28747

Transifex is faster, specially if there is a url for auto-updating the language files. Instead to upload en-GB file for every new release, this can be done via URL. I usually use GIT Hubs for .POT files. Saves me a lot of time, when (for example) GNOME extension developer did correction to the code and language, he/she submit it to the selected GIT hub and Transifex instantly takes it to the template.

Eg. if you have hike 1.5.5 installed somewhere, Transifex will import them to the template. Something like demo.hikashop.com/components/com_hikashop/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_hikashop.ini.

Another good point is Translation Memory, not currently applicable for any Joomla! extension developers.
If the string:

DEFINE_ARTICLE is mention let say for example drupal.pot (for 7.9) and the same DEFINE_ARTICLE is used in WordPress, translators will avoid double typing for something that's already translated. In past when J! 1.5.x was more actual, there was some standards and some strings was just avoided in the language files and was used the build in strings.

Eg. There is Ordering in HikaShop which is different then J! core files. But this not affect TM at this moment, only if u start 2nd extension, and some of the strings used in HikaShop are used in the new one, then TM will apply.

For the other three strings in japanese, it's a miss I didn't see when editing them.

This misses are not only for French and Japanese, they're for all languages. Now except, English, French, Japanese and Bulgarian.
Btw, French and Japanese are not updated on Transifex yet.
For current translators and upcoming translators for languages not listed there, remember:

Joomla! uses xx-XX naming for locales, from kernel (Linux) 2.4.15, xx.locale is no longer used, in modern distributions it's a symlink to xx-XX.locale, but some ppl with BSD and Windows avoid linking. So when u apply for translation, select your proper locale, for example:

Spain (Spanish) is es-ES
Spain (Catalan) is es-CA
Danish (Denmark) is da-DK (there is no such things as da or dk) (so the one applied for Danish, read your PM on transifex and decide which proper locale should be.)
English (America) is en-US
etc.

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by ep98.

12 years 4 months ago #28764

The links are available on the page:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html

So you can directly get the ini file for english with the link:
www.hikashop.com/en/component/doc/ctrl-d.../language-en-GB.html

I don't really know how transifex works. Is it possible to enter that URL somewhere in transifex ?
How does the auto translate work ?

The problem with using the joomla translations is that they changed the translation keys between 1.5 and 1.6. And since it's difficult in the code to support two different key for the same text, we had to create our own translation keys so that it can be used regardless of the version of Joomla.

12 years 4 months ago #28781

Now transifex fully support 1.7, and 1.5 don't have problems if the strings are starting and ending with "

• Thank you received: 49
12 years 3 months ago #32968

in russian localization problem with variable "Name" how can i see you use this word in "Registartion form" and in "Cart" maybe in another places but in translation the word has different values, now:
in "Registartion form" = Name - Название (wrong)
in "Cart" = Name - Наименование

better
in "Registartion form" = Name - Имя
in "Cart" = Item(s)\Product(s) - Товар(ы)

шт russian localization file in few places wrong translate and sometime missed letters in translated words

in admin panel was confusion when rename "products cataloge" (in explorer tree) that parametr changed in both menu categories (Products and Categories) i think better was use "Products List - Список товаров" and "Catalog Categories - Каталог категорий" in menu and if not problem fix that in next release - if you rename folder in explorer in one menu that not changed in another

сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by master_b.

12 years 3 months ago #32991

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I couldn't find Наименование in the Russian translation file of HikaShop. I only found Название
Does that make any difference ?

Actually, the name field on the registration uses the same translation key as the other places where you see "name" so it won't be so easy to change. There is no "generic" term for "name" in Russian ?

12 years 3 months ago #33022

nicolas wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I couldn't find Наименование in the Russian translation file of HikaShop. I only found Название
Does that make any difference ?

yes was late and was sleepy, fix in my post)

Actually, the name field on the registration uses the same translation key as the other places where you see "name" so it won't be so easy to change. There is no "generic" term for "name" in Russian ?

i dont think what can find, looking previous translate in russian forum community maybe someone make it that.
in russian language word "name - имя" can be used for people and pet names
"название" - can be used for: items, streets,products,cars, electronics etc...

PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056

12 years 3 months ago #33066

Thank you for the information.

We'll change the translation keys for the user name so that it's different than the other one in next release of HikaShop at the beginning of the year.

12 years 2 months ago #33564

I think better delete this row because (Name = First Name) or my logic wrong?)
optimal we need for registartion:
login
email
pass

than :
First Name
Last Name
(Midle)Name
address

12 years 2 months ago #33585

Everyone has different needs. Some people want to have all the fields while others don't. That's why you can customize that form and that's why we have to have it.

12 years 2 months ago #33598

There is a text override.
But for e-commerce solution, First, Middle and Last name are more important, then login, email blah, blah, every anonymous user can register there without providing valid data. And what, shop owner have to mail/call every anonymous after registration to complete they're data ?

What if the user dada, with pass dada1 and email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. sign up and order products with stolen PayPal account from your site ? You automatically get involved in this theft. Then bad rating on WOT, no buyers, problems with the authority etc.

12 years 2 months ago #33617

Nicolas u messed up the original file again, what I've said about avoiding double quotes.
Every new string is double quoted, full of empty definitions.
Please fix it
- No Empty com_hikashop_definitions
- Convert it to UTF-8 and remove double quotation, by adding _QQ_ for the quoted text.
This file is not usable even on en-GB only installation.

"Compare limitation" in translated file will come as ""Compare limitation"" - Useless by J! 1.7

Current source file brake up every translation done after it. Double "" makes it unreadable in 1.7 and 2.5 environments.
Update it as I wrote already in the beginning of this announce. There was several rules which have to be followed.
Then reupload it to transifex and make announce with the excuses to those which lost time to translate the double quoted strings and to fix them, manually or via Tx interface.

Anyway, due this bug, the following things should be done:
1. Reupload the original en-GB file
2. Reupload every single translation from 1.5.4 (they're was ok)
3. Make the announce (every time u change the language files, so the translators to get informed about changes)
4. Monitor translations, specially yours, JP and FR

Taken from Japanese translation (current)

;product
ITEM_NOT_SOLD_ANYMORE=売り切れ
ITEM_SOLD_ON_DATE=%s日発売開始
ADD_TO_CART=カートに入れる

All strings are without " "
This is for every single translation. Hopefully this bug is done by you, not the platform (less work), checking rest projects.
Confirmed, it's done by you... less work for me and the rest developers. Only Hika Shop and all translations are affected by this strange mess.

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ep98.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds