German words but the default language is Dutch

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 2 months ago #190650

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.light-swing.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Hello,

I have a strange problem and I think it is related to Hikashop and SH404SEF.

When I click on the webshop icon on the website where the default language is Dutch it is looking good, and I get an URl www.light-swing-com/webshop.
Now when I look at the products listed on the page and when I click on them to see the product details I get an URl with a German word in it "meine-bestellungen" which is German for my orders.
www.light-swing.com/meine-bestellungen/p...swing-zwart-ral-9005

Note that my fefauilt language is Dutch and I should expect something like "Mijn-bestellingen" which is dutch for my orders.

I have installed german on my site but it is not the default language.

I also see some german involvement after an order has been created the site falls back to the German home page after creating and paying or cancelling an order.

I see that SH404SEF is creating those url's but I don't have a clue why it is doeing that and why it is forcing those url's to the dutch site...

These are my settings for Hikashop in SH404SEF

Hope someone can help me.

Kind regards, Wilfried

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
9 years 2 months ago #190664

Hi,

The first part of the URL is the alias of the current menu item. If you get the alias in dutch while browsing in German, it means that the link you clicked on what for a menu item with a dutch alias.
That can happen automatically. For example, if you configure a menu item with a dutch alias in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the HikaShop configuration, HikaShop will redirect to that menu when you reach the checkout and in that case, it will change the language of the website.

To avoid these kind of issues, I would recommend to not duplicate your menu items by language and linking them together (the joomla way), but instead, have only one joomla menu items structure for your main language and translate your menu items alias with Falang (via the Falang component interface). That way, it should avoid issues with the menu item being assigned to a different language than the current language.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 2 months ago #190707

The way I call the shop is with an article.
The menuchoice loads an article and in thet article I call the shop with a module that is appropriate for the device. Desktop gets 3 columns ipad 2 and phone 1. I do this with Modules anywhere from nonumber.

So I don't make a reference to any menu item. In fact I don't have any menu choices under Display at all.

I have in fact implemented the joomla way of multilanguage and it would be a lot of work to change this.

I wonder why it takes the German language, it is not shown on the site yet (it is reachable but not shown) and the system takes that language at first. Does it have to do with the order it is presented in the languages?

Maybe I should exclude fron SH404SEF then...... But the simple names are also a great feature.

Please advice.

Kind regards Wilfried

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by wilfried.

• Thank you received: 13060
9 years 2 months ago #190721

Hi,

Edit your module via the menu Display->Content modules. There, you'll see a "menu" option which is what is used to know the target menu item for the links of the module.
So yes, there is a reference to the menu to use when you do that. It just means that you must have selected a german menu item in that option.
Please note that I'm not saying that you should use Falang to translate all your menu items. But at least for the menu that you select in the "menu" option of your products/categories listing modules, you should do that to avoid such issues.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wilfried

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds