Translation without Falang/Joomfish

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 month ago #191434

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.17

I have found I could't use Falang/Joomfish on my website because of conflict with one specific Joomla add-on (doesn't matter which one it is)

The solution for me could be to use Easy language plugin.
It is simple, and works correctly ...I use it for many years without any problem

Even if using of this plugin in Hikashop seems to be not very user friendly, but if I use for import & update of product CSV import - then it is acceptable...

Using of Easy Language looks like this:
{lang en}English text{/lang}{lang cz}Czech text{/lang}

It works for categories, products, shipping methods... and their descriptions correctly

But because of this, especially if I use 3 and more languages... the length of text strings is sometimes too long

My questions:

Is it limited the number of characters for Category names, Product names, Shipping methods, ...etc ?
If yes - would you be so kind to provide the max number of characters in the fields please?

Is it limited the number of characters for Category names, Category description, Product names and Product dsescription descriptions during CSV import, please ?
If yes - would you be so kind to provide the max number of characters in the fields for CSV import please?

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Pajerchin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
9 years 1 month ago #191494

Hi,

Yes, the fields are limited. They are actually not limited by the import process or the interface but by the database structure.
These fields are limited to 255 characters.
If you need a longer length, you can edit the HikaShop tables structure via your PHPMyAdmin and change the type of the fields you need longer from "varchar" to "text" and you'll be able to enter up to ~65 000 characters in those fields.
It shouldn't change much unless you're sorting a product listing on the product name and that you have more than 50000 products in the database in which case the display of the page will be slower.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 month ago #191538

OK.
Thank you

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds