In new product I do not see both languages.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #199061

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.pharmaboss.com
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 42.0.2311.90

I am building an English Greek store. I have installed Falang and the languages. But when I try to create a new product I do not see both of the languages as I see it in the existing products. Also when translating existing products in the front end When viewing the product in one language and hit the flag to see it in the other language it sends me back to home page instead in the same product in the other language. If someone can help with this it will be very appreciated .
I would also like to know if I can upload a csv file with products and categories directly in both languages, and what compression should this file have?

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by aspaee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 11 months ago #199069

Hi,

1. Yes, the translation interface will only appear once you save once the product. That's normal.

2. Regarding the language flags, that must come from the way you setup your menu items.
I would recommend that you don't use Joomla's language system for the translation of your menu items.
Otherwise, Joomla will automatically redirect the user to the connected menu item when you change the current language.
Instead, have only one menu item structure, and translate it with Falang. It will prevent the switch to a different menu item when you change the language and that way you'll always stay on the same page.

3. Yes, that's possible. Here is a thread which provides an explanation on how to do it:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/47696-mu...l-productimport.html
The CSV file format cannot be compressed by itslef, so I don't see what you're talking about when you're asking about the compression of the file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds