Translation of emails send to customer

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #199502

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

If a dutch or german customer makes an order, the first notification mail to the customer, order creationmail, is send in customer-language (dutch or german)! OK

But from the second email (confirmation, shipping, but also back to creation) is send in English! NOT OK

Customer made use of paymentmethod paypal, but it also occurs in case of iDeal (ccideal). My back-end language is dutch.

I want to send all e-mails in the customers language!! How do I enforce this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #199893

Hi,

When you modify an order in the HikaShop backend ; HikaShop will load the default user language before sending the email.
So if the default language for the user is Dutch, he will receive the email in Dutch (even if you're accessing to your backend in English).

When a payment plugin is modifying the order status, because the notification is processed in the front-end, the front-end language will be used.
For the paypal plugin, when the order is send to paypal, it specify an "order notify url" with the current language. So when paypal call the website to confirm the order, it should specify the parameter "lang" with the same language that the customer was using.
But I know that you can configure a notify url in your paypal account ; it should not override the url that the plugin sent so we would need more details about your plugin configuration.

Otherwise, I can't say for the iDeal plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoccolocd

• Thank you received: 92
8 years 11 months ago #199939

don't know if the answer should be more explicit ?

""When you modify an order in the HikaShop backend ; HikaShop will load the default user language before sending the email."""
Do you mean
""When you modify an buyer order in the HikaShop backend ; using your admin loginHikaShop will load buyer user language settingbefore sending the email. to the buyer """

""So if the default language for the user is Dutch, he will receive the email in Dutch (even if you're accessing to your backend in English)."".
Do you mean the
""So if the default language of the user account setting language for the user is Dutch, he will receive the email in Dutch (even if you're accessing as a admin to your backend in English joomla setting )."".

if buyer process himself the session and joomla website suppport multi language using user agent .Before login joomla use the user agent language setting and after login joomla know his joomla language setting so behave relative to this.But if no language setting have been set in joomla ; does joomla use the user agent language rather than the default joomla language for email content ?

When a joomla website langauge is base on Language picker or user agent ; does the active language is set "dynamicly" in Backend in the user joomla setting after login ?

Does hikashop behave like Joomla for manage tranlasted content ?

Which language order is apply first when we use Falang and Joomla override ?in the joomla demo website, i see falang is install but also some variable constant are define in the joomla override setting page . Could we set and order or do we need to disable one of them ? Does hikashop apply a new order ( has options) for set language beetwen falang and joomla ?
regard's

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13035
8 years 11 months ago #200006

Hi,

HikaShop and Joomla behave the same.
The interface text comes from translation files and can be modified with translation overrides if necessary.
The content text comes from user input in the articles, products, categories, etc. If the user wants to translate them, he needs to either use a multilingual content system (like the one by default for Joomla articles, or Falang, Joomfish, etc).

So there is no priority here. It's just that the translation override system is used for something else than content translation systems.

And regarding what language is used it's simple:
When the user is not logged in, Joomla uses the language of his user-agent
If the language switcher module is activated, the user can force another language
When the user registers, the current language is stored in his user account language setting
Then, when a use logs in, his user account language is used.
It's the way Joomla works and has nothing to do with HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #201521

Jerome, Thanks for your useful reaction.

I tested this with Paypal (using the frontend language) and it seems that it is as you say confirmmessage is in front-end language.

Besides I'm discussing this now with ccIdeal developer.

Ingrid

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by zoccolocd.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds