using falang with hikashop starter

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 2 months ago #262506

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.tuttobrasileiro.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : "Only available with hikashop market"

My client needs to manage products translated in 3 langages. It seems the best solution is using Falang plugin.

Do you have some guidelines to integrate Falang with hilashop?

In hikashop\configuration\language I see option to activate "modify contents in multilanguage format" that can be used only with hikashop comm

ercial version.

What does it means? I will not be able to translate products and categories?

Thanks for your help
Marco

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 2 months ago #262511

Hi,

That option allows you to activate the translation edition interface in HikaShop so that you can easily translate the content of HikaShop in the interface of HikaShop. For example, when you edit a product, you'll get flags you can click on to get the translation fields and simply fill them.
You can still use Falang and HikaShop Starter together without that.
That just means that you'll have to translate your HikaShop content via the Falang interface.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
5 years 10 months ago #293409

-- HikaShop version -- : Essential 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8

Hi,

How does this work? Can i skip Falang all together on my multilingual site (using Joomla native language system)?

I have already done a quick test: activated the feature and edited a product: clicked each of the two languages and added info in most fields (which both were empty). Saved and tried the products in both languages; no change...

Rgds,

Petter

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Bouncer. Reason: adding language between native and system ('',)

5 years 10 months ago #293416

Hi,

The flags translation interface can only work with Falang.
If you don't want to use Falang, then you need to duplicate your products (once per language), duplicate your categories (once per language) and duplicate the menu items and modules of your shop.
That way, you can assign the menu items and modules based on the language and use their "main category" to select their main category of the language selected in them.
It's a lot of duplication, which is not required with Falang, but if you don't plan on changing often your products / categories, and you don't need to manage the stock of your products, then it's not a problem.
In other cases, it's better to use Falang to translate your shop content.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
5 years 10 months ago #293438

Thank you Nicolas,

Is there a step-by-step on how to use Falang and the flags translation interface in combination with Joomla native language system?

Rgds,

Petter

5 years 10 months ago #293440

Hi,

If you have Falang, then it automatically uses the current language to translate the different elements when their translations were are present.
There is nothing particular needed to do for that.
For example, you can translate some joomla modules with Falang, and have other modules use the native language system. Both will display in the correct language on the frontend if you set them up properly.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds