language problem

  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #274598

-- HikaShop version -- : 31.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi,
I installed Hikashop on a test website with 2 languages (joomla native translations, so everything duplicated).
I then de-activated the English language, having the Italian language active in Hikashop (deleted all EN menus and 'duplicated' content).
However, everything to do with Hikashop remains in English and not Italian.
I have clearly done something wrong, but I can't find what? Have been looking on the forum but can't find this specific case.
I did reactivat the EN language and made a home menu and then could actively choose IT / EN, but this not change anything (probably logically as you clearly state everywhere the Falang is necessary).
Hope it is easy to solve?
(also since I have Calc Builder with various calculations and reinstalling Hikashop after I install Falang, just to test and see if this works, might not be very easy, but I did not try, afraid I would loose all CalBuilder calculations)
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 22862
  • Thank you received: 3548
  • MODERATOR
1 year 2 months ago #274626

Hello,

HikaShop have language files but these files are loaded directly by the Joomla core.
Depending the current user language, the corresponding files are used and if they can't be found, there is fallback on the main website language and then the English.

So, everything that you can translate via the Joomla language file are directly managed by the core.
Afterwards, the translation of product content requires a third party extension like Falang. And the translation of the content (product, categories..) is made directly by Falang.

HikaShop do not have specific features regarding the language and only use what Joomla and third party extension are offering.
That's why I'm not sure to understand your message and the issue you're talking about.

Regards,


Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #274710

Thanks for your explanation.
My problem is that I have Italian and English installed, but Hikashop is only using the English language file. See the test website I had indicated.
The joomla part uses the Italian file, Hikashop only the EN.
Hope you can help!
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 1881
  • Thank you received: 255
  • MODERATOR
1 year 2 months ago #274724

Hello,

Maybe you didn't see it, but there is a little tutorial on our Download => Languages just below, here .
Check that on your website everything is well configured.

Regards

Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 42
  • Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #274807

Thanks for this. I have seen it.
The screen is now different, however the language files are both there and I made an override which joomla is using correctly, but only that part.

Playing around with this, however and changing one translation, now it is working. Very odd. I changed (in the language override file) :
PER_UNIT=" caduno" into:
PER_UNIT=" a pezzo"

I guess this can not have been the solution ... however, the language file is now correctly picked up!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum