Can I use HikaSerial to create a discount history

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 2 months ago #88518

I'd like to give customers discount coupons and have them be able to access them through their "account page". Do you think this is possible using Hika Serial?

The following user(s) said Thank You: brayden10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #88522

Hi,

It would be possible to integrate a new view in HikaSerial. This view would list the customer valid serials.
So, it would be possible to access to all "used" serial (and "assigned" serial depending the configuration) with a link to the product or the order for the serial (if present).
With such view, you would be able to generate discount coupons using HikaSerial and to assign the serials to your customers (who would be able to see them directly in the front end, even if the serial is not attached to an order).

In HikaSerial 1.6.0 this view does not exists. I was something that we already think about but it was never asked before.
So, with HikaSerial it is possible to create coupons and assign them to customers and with a new little view, it would be possible for your customer to see their serials.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 2 months ago #88887

Thanks for the response,

Would it be possible to do it with the backend GUI ? Or would I have to code it myself?

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #88899

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean with the "backend GUI" ?

For the moment, the serial listing is not implemented in HikaSerial, so it has to be coded. You can modify some HikaShop or HikaSerial views in order to add the serial listing. But I do not see the right existing view for it.
It is possible to add some content into the joomla user profile view. We already do it in HikaShop in order to display the user custom fields, it uses a system plugin. The same technique could be used in order to add some HTML content in the page.

After that, you can create new views but it would require to modify a existing controller (or to create a new controller), at this moment, depending on the Joomla version, you could loose your modification by updating HikaSerial. At this moment, the best would be to include your modification directly in HikaSerial.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds