Product Quantity Remaining is not displaying

• Thank you received: 4
10 years 7 months ago #119261

Here is my product page
http://www.charitymobi.org/amg-raffle/product/1-amg-raffle-ticket

The product is a HikaSerial Number

When I click save on the product the quantity always resets itself to unlimited.

Pack Data is set to Pack SQL Data
The serial pack uses a series generator
SERIAL_UNLIMITED_QUANTITY is set to No

In the Series plugin I have a Min Value and Max Value set.

Any thoughts on what I have configured wrong?

I feel like if I can get the quantity to set correctly in the product settings then the quanity remaining on the front page would display correctly.

Thanks! -- Steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 7 months ago #119266

Hi,

I think you have the option "link product quantity" activated.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ink_product_quantity

If the pack does not have a plugin generator, HikaSerial would count the "serials" stock and change the product quantity depending his link.

But that's not explain clearly (it is implicit), when the pack have a plugin generator, we consider that the product quantity is unlimited.
And you are right, the series generator have a limitation but when we create this option of link product quantity, we didn't though that it will be possible to have a no-unlimited generator.

I created an entry in my TODO list in order to fix it, which I consider as a bug (or a missing feature).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 7 months ago #119591

Thanks for the reply.

You are correct. I had enabled the "Link Product Quantity" in HikaSerial > Configuration and I am using the Series Generator

I have found it a little confusing around the "Pack Data" option under HikaSerial > Packs

1. Not sure if I should use "No pack data provider" or "Pack SQL Data" when using the series generator. Which is the correct setting.

2. If I have a simple series of numbers 1 - 1000 is it possible to add these serial numbers, so the quantity left works?

3. Any estimate on how long it might take to get this missing feature added?

Thanks! -- Steven

10 years 7 months ago #119613

Hi,

1. If you use the "Pack SQL Data", it there is a generated serial available in the database, HikaSerial will use this serial and not generate a new serial using the generator.
So, it depends if you want that a previous generated serial can be "refund" and "reuse" by another user.

2. You can pre-generate serial, so there will be in the database.
At this moment, you have to set the "Pack SQL data" and remove the generator after the generation complete.
The linked quantity will be the number of available serials in the database (for this pack).

3. I start to implement something but we made a new release few days ago. We are currently focusing on the new release of HikaMarket before this new HikaSerial feature.
It is not a small development, it will require some tests and some algorithms. The plugin has to determine how many serial it can generate and how many serials are available in the database (if the "Pack SQL data" is used).
So for the "series generator" we have to add several SQL queries and we have to make them optimized before release it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: intown

10 years 6 months ago #121135

Thanks so much for the reply and info. I have a much better understanding.

Here is what I did. I set up the series generator, and my pack, and then generated 1000 serial numbers. I then set pack data to 'Pack SQL Data' and the generator to none.

Now I can see the quantity left for the product and everything seems to be working.

What happens if I set pack data to NONE and the generator to none and have 1000 serials in the database?

Thanks! -- Steven

10 years 6 months ago #121145

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds