Gift card email formatting question

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 2 months ago #226132

-- url of the page with the problem -- : n/a
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.10.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8

Is it possible to format the e-mail that the gift card recipient gets like this:

www.dropbox.com/s/cmmt54123unl2mt/giftcard1.pdf?dl=0

Basically the email has a header image (with no gift card data embedded in the image) and BELOW the image is text containing the gift card serial number, value, gift message, etc... as well as instructions on how to redeem it.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Best,

Leslie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 2 months ago #226134

Hi,

Will your store only sell gift cards ?

I currently don't know what you are looking for exactly.
Because the HikaShop email can be customize but you will have important restrictions to respect to send an email like that.

On the other hand, you can use the "attach serial" plugin in order to add a gift card image as attachment in the order confirmation email.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ns-attachserial.html

One other solution would be to use a custom plugin, derived from the "mail to custom field" to send separated emails for each serial in an order (but directly to the user who bought the product and not depending a custom field).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 2 months ago #226185

No, the store does not sell only gift cards. It sells mostly physical goods (clothing, artwork, etc...).

If you look at the PDF I linked to, you will see that I don't want to send a typical gift card image. All I
want to do is be able to customize the email that the recipient receives so that instead of having an
image where the gift card amount, name, etc... is actually ON the image, it is displayed BELOW the
image along with information on how to redeem the card, etc...

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by NanoPlanet.

8 years 2 months ago #226191

Hi,

I look at your PDF and I already understood that.
My answer is still the same.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 2 months ago #226962

Jerome,

In looking at the Serial: Mail to custom field email template it seems that the following bit of code is what inserts the generated serial number:

{LINEVAR:DATA}

Is this correct?

Is there a way I can insert the gift card amount and gift message as text in the email as well?

Thanks,

Leslie

8 years 2 months ago #226971

Hi,

The global content is

<ul>
<!--{START:SERIAL}-->
	<li>{LINEVAR:DATA}</li>
<!--{END:SERIAL}-->
</ul>
and it allows to list all serials in a list according to the data which is prepared in the "preload" part of the email.
By modifying the template and the preload ; you can retrieve elements from other parts than just the "serial" (for the "serial_data").

The email is quite simple ; the plugin has been mostly design to be compatible with the "attach serial" and include in the email the generated gift images.
But yes, you can customize the email in order to also display the information in the email.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 2 months ago #226988

Jerome,

So how would I insert the following values:

• Gift card value (the value is selected via a variant drop down on the gift card product page)
  • Recipient first and last name ( created custom fields for first and last name)
  • Gift message (I created a custom field for this)
  • Expiration date (in the pack configuration I set the serials to expire 5 years from the date of creation)

I am so close to getting this exactly how I need. HikaShop and HikaSerial have been instrumental in
this and I appreciate all of your help.

Best,

Leslie

8 years 2 months ago #227012

Hi,

As I wrote in my previous message ; you need to customize the "preload" part of the HikaSerial "mail to custom field" email.
In the preload you will have access to the order variable and also to the serials.
In the $data->order you will have access to the different order custom field and other information that an order can include.

If you want more help for that custom task ; I'll suggest you to contact one HikaShop partner.
Customization is not part of the support we can provide for HikaShop or HikaSerial. We can help when it is just few minutes of work but we also have to put limits on it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jerome. Reason: typo

8 years 2 months ago #227112

Jerome,

All I am asking is which variables do I need to add in the pre-load panel (e.g. where do I find the
variable names) for the items that I want to include. I am not asking for anyone to customize it for
me or hold my hand through the process. Once I understand how to find the variable names, I
am pretty sure I can do what I need to do.

Best,

Leslie

8 years 2 months ago #227127

Hi,

All preload in HikaShop and his add-ons have the exact same structure.
$texts is for translations (TXT)
$vars is for the variables (VAR)
$template is for templating (START / END / LINEVAR).

Afterwards, I don't know what you want to know exactly, so if you can give more details on your request ; it will help us to help you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 9 months ago #242439

Can you please explain to me how I would go about including the following custom field name values in the PRELOAD as well as the HTML email for gift card recipients:

gift_fname
gift_lname
gift_email
gift_message

Also, how would I include the gift card amount?

In your previous replies you have instructed me to add it in PRELOAD and call it in the email itself, but I don't understand the code needed to do either. Can you please provide examples using the above mentioned custom fields?

Thanks!

7 years 9 months ago #242443

Hi,

In the $data->order you will have access to the different order custom field and other information that an order can include.

$texts is for translations (TXT)
$vars is for the variables (VAR)
$template is for templating (START / END / LINEVAR).

In the "mail to custom field" you can find
$vars = array(
	'LIVE_SITE' => HIKASHOP_LIVE,
	'URL' => HIKASHOP_LIVE,
	'order' => $data->order,
	'billing_address' => @$data->order->billing_address,
	'shipping_address' => @$data->order->shipping_address,
	'user' => $userInfos,
	'USER_MESSAGE' => false,
);
Which means that "order" is available through the variables (as explained previously).
So in the HTML
{VAR:order.gift_fname}
will display the raw content of the order custom field "gift_fname".

The display of the gift card amount is related to the configuration of your generator ; depending how you're create the HikaShop coupon code, the way to retrieve the final information can be really different.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 9 months ago #242576

Jerome,

I tried what you suggested and it did not work. Please see the attached screenshots.

Screenshot 1: the HTML code for the email incorporating the VAR code you recommended

Screenshot 2: the actual email where you can see that it did not work

As to how the gift certificate was set up, I followed the HikaSerial instructions for setting up a gift certificate and included price variants. Given that info, how do include the gift card amount in the recipient's email?

Many thanks!

Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #242579

Hi,

Please provide concrete details about your custom fields and the rest of your configuration.
Unfortunately, the information you gave do not provide any additional element to understand what you have done exactly ; it does not answer to the question I asked.

Also, like I wrote in my previous message

{VAR:order.gift_fname}
will display the raw content of the order custom field "gift_fname".

It means that the code is working if your custom field is right an order custom field.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 9 months ago #242702

Jerome,

I am not sure what information you specifically need. As far as setting up the gift certificate w/ HikaSerial, I followed the instructions provided in documentation.

The custom fields I am trying to add are order fields. I have attached a screenshot of the custom fields list so you can see exactly how we have them set up.

Many thanks!

Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #242704

Hi,

The plugin "mail to custom field" can work with "order" custom field and "item" custom field.
Like I wrote several time in my previous messages ; the content I gave you where related to order custom field.
And as you can see in your screenshot, you have item custom field.

It means that the context is entirely different and if you do not provide specific and details information we won't be able to deduce them (because once again, the plugin can work with both).

I hope that I am clear enough on that part.

Now, the thread and your request is going a little too far regarding the support service we can provide.
It is more a "custom development" than a classical support on the component.
More than the request on displaying item custom field in the email ; there is also the request to display some information from the related coupon.

But in the plugin "hikaserial / mailtocustomfield" you can see the code and read how it is interacting with the "order/item" fields.
In the source you can see how the detection of the order product is made :

foreach($order->products as $k => $product) {
	if((int)$product->order_product_id == (int)$serials->serial_order_product_id) {
		// Your targeted product		
		break;
	}
}
And you have an access to the different variables in the email
$data = new stdClass();
$data->serials = $send_serials;
$data->dest_email = $custom_field_value;
$data->order =& $order;
$mail = $mailClass->load('mailtocustomfield', $data);
so to access to the order in the preload, it's "$data->order" and not just "$order".

I hope that it will help you for your development.
You can also read the HikaShop developer documentation if you want more details about the trigger and the database structure.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 9 months ago #243757

Jerome,

First, I do want to thank you for all of your help through all of my other questions here on the forum. HikaShop is an awesome product and the support is great.

As to my request to be able to include the gift card amount as well as the sender's name and message in the recipient email, I have to admit that I was surprised that it wasn't already default functionality. If you have ever received an e-gift card from someone online (I get them most Christmases and birthdays), the email you receive (the recipient's email) always includes the amount as well as the sender's name and any gift message. It's just standard behavior.

I understand that that is not default functionality at this time. Perhaps in future iterations, it will be. I assure you, it is functionality that would be very well received.

In the interim, how much would your developers charge to make the edits to my recipient email template to include that information? My client is anxious to launch, and this is one of the last items on their list that needs to be addressed.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

7 years 9 months ago #243761

Hi,

The plugin "mail to custom field" has been added in HikaSerial 1.9.0
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...erial-changelog.html

The development of the first version of the plugin was pretty fast ; it was a feature request from the forum and we were able to perform a little implementation.
The main idea of that plugin was to send the "attach serial" image to someone else. The requirements were "thin".

HikaSerial is like a "toolbox" which can generate unique content and around it, there are a lot of small plugins with specific goals.
A big part of these plugins can be seen as "example", a base that you can use for a specific behavior.

I understand that that is not default functionality at this time. Perhaps in future iterations, it will be. I assure you, it is functionality that would be very well received.

I added your ideas in the HikaSerial TODO list and I agree that it will be interesting improvements for the plugins.

The coupon generator is using a coupon template ; so depending the global configuration, you just cannot know the discount value (because it does not came from HikaSerial or the plugin). And it can be a percentage discount and not a fixed amount.
So I understand your needs but it is something very specific and one goal in HikaSerial is to be flexible and generic.
I will see what is possible but I have to follow the base guideline of that component if I want to keep improve it correctly.

Like I wrote just above, the plugin "main to custom field" send an email to a specified address but the related serial can be anything.
It can be a concert ticket, a SIM number, a video game serial, an e-book password, a riffle, a poem... And it can also be a HikaShop coupon code (like it can be a coupon code which is not an HikaShop one).

how much would your developers charge to make the edits...

I'm sorry but we do not provide any quote through the forum.
I can't know or tell the price that third party developers would ask for such implementation ; best would be to ask them directly.
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

Thank you for your improvements ideas and for your understanding.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds