Hika Serial for Test license

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 10 months ago #240941

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.10.4

Hi,
we use Hika Serial for sending a license with each order. That works very well.
We offer test versions of our software products to our customers (try before buy). So far we are doing it with a custom script. I'd like to integrate the order of a test license with Hika Serial and Acymailing for follow up mails after the trial period has expired.
I tried to include a serial number from a Hika Serial pack that I uploaded to an Acymailing campain. That works not quite well. I'm able to pull the serial number from the database, but Acymailing doesn't set the used ones to assigned.
Maybe there is a way to do it with Hikashop.
I need the following things to address:

- Customer orders a trial serial number with no charge
- He receives a trial code from a serial pack in Hika Serial
- Customer can do that only once for each product (otherwise he could work with trial versions forever)
- The order subscribes customer to an acymailing list
- Because there is no payment involved, no invoice should be created

Would that be possible?
Thanks
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 10 months ago #240942

Hi,

I don't see the link between the HikaSerial-Acymailing integration and the process steps you described.
But I think that I understand the issue you have.

HikaSerial have an integration plugin with Acymailing which allow to generate dynamically serials when Acymailing is sending an email (thanks to a tag in the newsletter).
The goal is to generate the serials dynamically and because the users might not have a Joomla account ; the serial cannot be assigned to a user.
The plugin cannot retrieve serials from the database, it needs to create them using a generator.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 9 months ago #242688

Hi Jerome,
I used another way to integrate the trial versions and it woked so far.
I configuered the test versions products to only one per order and setup the hika serial pack 'Unlimited quantity' to no. That worked when I did it a few days ago and the registered customer could only put the trial product once into his shopping cart. If there was already an order for the trial product the system told him, that the limit was reached.
But now it doesn't work anymore. The shopping cart limit still works, but the system doesn't check, if the costumer already has purchased a trial version and can now order over and over again.
I didn't change anything and that is confussing. Attached is my setting for the serial pack.
Cheers
Roger

Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #242697

Hi,

I'm afraid that once again, I don't understand your message and what you're talking about.
We are far from the original message and you do not provide any information which could help me to understand what you did.

But I can easily tell you that there is nothing in HikaSerial to perform a limit ; it's all related to HikaShop.
HikaSerial cannot provide you what you want for your "one trial per user".
HikaSerial is a unique content generator.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 9 months ago #242744

Hm, ok maybe I got it all wrong then. Is there a up to date documentation of Hika Serial anywhere? Some of the functions are not listed in the help files. I.e. - what does the function 'Consume will check/asign user' do?

Is there a way to tell Hika Shop to limit the purchase of a product to only one? I know it works per order, but I need to limit it for the customer as well.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to achive...
Thanks
Roger

7 years 9 months ago #242748

Hi,

The setting "Consume will check/assign user" in the pack configuration is there to ask HikaSerial to check the user assignation during the consumption.
When a serial is assigned to a user, you might want to be sure that only the linked user is able to perform the consumption.
On the other hand, when you do not assign the serials with users ; you might want to store that information during the consumption ; so you will know who have use the serial.

HikaShop have a "limit" system.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...limits-tutorial.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds