• Thank you received: 1
7 years 10 months ago #241281

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.10.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.35
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hello Hikashop team,

I have only just installed the Hikaserial addon. We are trying to set it up for selling event tickets (like concert tickets or movie tickets.

However, with the attach serial plugin the best we can get is a "PNG" file attachment for the printable ticket. Many people cannot view or print PNG files easily.

Are we able to use the PDF plugin to make it generate a PDF file instead of a PNG file? We used to use RD Ticketmaster but it seems that it's login override clashed with Hikashop. We have removed it and are trying to get all the functionality through Hikashop / Hikaserial alone now.

We have the PNG attachment looking good (own image, QR code etc), please help me make the last step and get that PDF generated for the ticket instead of that PNG.

Thank you,
Michael A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 10 months ago #241293

Hi,

The plugin "attach serial" is using "PHP GD" library to generate images : jpeg, png or gif.
PDF is a complicated format which require a heavy lib (TCPDF package is around 15MB ; 3MB with minimal fonts) ; In Joomla 1.5 there was a PDF lib included but there is no more such lib since Joomla 2.5.
That's why HikaSerial do not support PDF generation and it is not something we will add in a short delay.
It would require a pretty important development and some library issues to solve ; for the moment we have more important tasks to include it in the development schedule.
But such kind of feature could be made as a custom plugin, using the "attach serial" as code base.

That's one of the reason why the plugin "attach invoice" for HIkaShop is an external plugin (which have almost same size as full HikaShop package).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Jerome. Reason: more details about TCPDF

7 years 9 months ago #241437

Jerome wrote: Hi,
That's why HikaSerial do not support PDF generation and it is not something we will add in a short delay.

Jerome wrote: Hi,
That's one of the reason why the plugin "attach invoice" for HIkaShop is an external plugin (which have almost same size as full HikaShop package).

You have clearly done the work, you have made an external plugin for PDF generation in hikashop, can the hikaserial attach plugin not use this? (I assume because it is external?). It is a shame. This is the only reason I am considering other solutions for event tickets. Otherwsie Hikaserial is perfect, just need to avoid getting complaints from ticket-holders that their ticket did not print at the right size etc. (we need to force an A4 size PDF page).

Thanks anyway.

7 years 9 months ago #241479

Hi,

No it can't.
Like I already wrote ; we cannot add such lib in HikaSerial otherwise the component would become too big.
PDF generation has to be through an external plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 9 months ago #241842

Ok thanks, I might have to get one custom made like your PDF invoice attachment plugin, but for Hikaserial tickets. PDF tickets are a MUST if you seriously want people to use your solution in the event ticket sales business. Please consider creating a plugin for this, many of us will buy it I am sure.

7 years 9 months ago #241886

Hi,

We are considering it ; but we still find an appropriate way to include a PDF lib without having a component too big to be installed on most of websites.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds