All newly purchased serial coupons show as 'Used'

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
7 years 8 months ago #247667

Jerome,

Your coupon should be unpublished so you will be sure that nobody can use it.
Otherwise it can be used by someone and it will affect his quantity so does the quantity of the new generated coupons afterwards.

Are you talking about the HikaShop coupons 'dtb-dwoc' and 'dtb-dwc'? If I unpublish it, then how they be used as a template for the coupongen. can I apply a coupon to an order?

The coupon generator do not need to have a variable discount. Your coupon is already for 100% of the targeted product price.
Setting a variable discount in the generator means that you set a fixed price regarding the product which generated the serial.

I've removed the '100%' setting in the variable discount field on both product coupongen!

Because your coupon is targeting a specific product, if you want to sell coupons for other products you'll need a new coupon template and also a new pack and a new coupon generator.

I have only four products.
  • Client Program Products
    • Divorcing with Children Program
    • Divorcing without Children Program

• Professional Coupon Products
    • Divorcing with Children Coupon
    • Divorcing without Children Coupon

As I indicated previously, the professional products are like 'gift certificates'. They purchase a coupon, send to their client and their client will apply that coupon code when they order the program product. I really see no need to create additional products or coupons.

So can you specifically tell me what settings I have set incorrectly that is 'restricting' the generated unique coupons that are being generated from a professional coupon product to only that 'user' (the professional) who is logged in so that the coupon can be used by the client 'user' when they order the 'client' program product when they log in under their own user account?

Honestly, I can't make it any clearer but somehow I feel like we are not communicating! :S

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by LukeDouglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 8 months ago #247670

Hi,

So can you specifically tell me what settings I have set incorrectly that is 'restricting' the generated unique coupons that are being generated from a professional coupon product to only that 'user' (the professional) who is logged in so that the coupon can be used by the client 'user' when they order the 'client' program product when they log in under their own user account?

Like I wrote several times in my previous messages :
The HikaSerial coupon generator generates coupons by copying an existing HikaShop coupon called "template".
That template must be unpublished like I wrote in my previous message.

So I still don't understand your question or your need. Or I don't understand why you keep asking for that restrictions when I already gave you an answer

There is no "user" restriction in HikaShop coupons ; so the coupon can be used by anyone but only one single time (if you use the quota and not the quota per user).

If you have specific request about HikaShop coupons, I can only recommend you to create a new thread in the HikaShop forum section. But HikaSerial can't provide more features in the HikaShop coupons.

These two parts are related to HikaShop and not HIkaSerial ; if you still have the issue or more question about the coupons ; please open a new thread in the HikaShop forum section.

Honestly, I can't make it any clearer but somehow I feel like we are not communicating! :S

I am afraid that it is still not clear and I am still not able to understand what you need.
There is a communication but I have the feeling that I have to repeat things that I already wrote in that same thread.

If you have question about HikaSerial or his configuration ; there is no problem, I can answer them.
But I need to understand your need, what you already done and what you want to achieve exactly.
For the moment, please read very carefully my previous messages.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 7 months ago #248397

Hi,

Regarding the other thread ; I can see that parts of your HikaSerial configuration are still wrong.

Please follow all the instructions we gave you and be really careful with all of them.
In the documentation of the "coupon generator" plugin, you can find an example of a coupon template.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ugins-coupongen.html

Your coupon have to be unpublished. When the plugin would duplicate the coupon, it would automatically published it (and set the "used times" to zero)

Some settings of that coupon template are crucial :
1 - coupon template must be unpublished
2 - coupon template "number of times used" must be 0
3 - coupon template "quota" must be 1

Regarding your latest configuration screenshot, point 3 is good but not point 1 or 2.
So it will generate serious side effects (issues).

Now, regarding your pack configuration ; it also contains mistakes.
I told you previously that if you want to generate a serial which can be consume you have to use the "consumable serial" to "yes".
But, at this moment I though that you wanted to generate serials and not coupons (with all your explanations it was quite confusing, I admit).

Now we know that you do not want to generate serial to consume them ; you want to generate HikaShop coupons.
In that case, the best is to not activate the "consumable serials" in the pack.

Regarding the order email screenshot you gave, I have some difficulties to understand why you have a serial without a product.
So I'm starting to think that you are using the plugin "serial per order" ; which won't help or be useful in your case.
When you want to see the generated serial ; please go in the HikaShop backend and display the order details page.
HikaShop > Orders > Orders (and then click on the order number for the order you want to see).
HikaSerial adds his own special content with very useful details on the serials.

And for the topic about your HikaShop coupon issues ; do not provide them any details about HikaSerial and just focus on the coupons.
You have a great backend interface in HikaShop (HikaShop > Orders > Coupons) to see the coupons and you can see the coupon configuration of the coupon you want to use.
Taking a look at the coupon template won't help ; because it's not the coupon template you're trying to use in the front-end, but the other coupon.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #248459

Jerome,

Thanks for the patience in helping me resolve this issue. Details in the HikaShop thread. ;)

7 years 7 months ago #248501

Please continue on the HikaSerial thread because that part is related to HikaSerial and not HikaShop.
Like I wrote you there ; I think you have a "serial per order" plugin instantiate in your HikaSerial plugins.
It is the only way that a serial can be added into an order without an attachment to a product.

Jermone,

You were correct. I unpublished that plugin and Client orders do not have a serial generated. However, now when I place a Professional Order, it does not create a serial number at all. So I published the serial per order plugin as I have to have a serial generated but I did unpublish the individual serial per order settings. Again, it did not create a serial number at all. So I published the individual serial per order settings as we 'have' to have a serial number generated for the professional product.

Here are the DWC serial per order settings:

Here is the serial pack used by the DWC serial per order:

Also, when I place a professional order, I get TWO serial codes generated! We only want one generated, otherwise, the user is getting two coupons for the price of one.
Serial Data 	Attached to product
okuvcIqO 	
WM1cl8TH

Any idea on what I can try next to only have one serial code generated and not to have a serial code generated on the client products?

7 years 7 months ago #248519

:blink:

Hi,

I though I was clear when I wrote that message :

So I'm starting to think that you are using the plugin "serial per order" ; which won't help or be useful in your case.

Because, when I wrote it, I really mean that you have to unpublish it ; that you must remove configurations for that plugin ; that you do not want in any kind in any time use that plugin.

And if you want to understand why you do not want to use that plugin ; you can find the answer directly in the documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...-serialperorder.html

Is that clear enough ?

Please understand that I can't provide you any support if you do not follow the instructions.
The fact that I was asking you to unpublish that plugin is for the real reason ; with the purpose of helping you.
By not doing that, it gave the impression that you don't want our help or you think that we are giving you bad advice / instructions.

In the message in the other topic Nicolas wrote :

Nicolas wrote: Just remove the product restriction of the coupon used in your serial pack and you won't have that problem.

And you replied just after with that message where you wrote :

LukeDouglas wrote: I have removed the HikaShop product from the HikaSerial pack.

You did not follow the given instruction and, by this way, you have broke your HikaSerial configuration.
Nicolas wrote you to edit your coupon and you have destroy your configuration by editing the product and removing what is allowing HikaSerial do to his job.

How do you think we can provide support if you do not do what we are asking you to do ?
(And in the process you never provide the screenshot of the generated coupon that we asked several times...)

I can be very patient but I also have my limits.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #248571

Jerome,

I can see you are getting a bit frustrated and I guess I was a bit frustrated also. Just to be clear, I DID follow your instructions as I unpublished the individual records for the 'serialperorder' as well as the Serial Per Order -HikaSerial Plugin. This did resolve the issue of coupons not being generated for the client program products. However, it also blocked the generation of coupons for the Professional Coupon Products. So I did 're-enable' them to be able to generated the coupon product serials. I just wanted you to know that I did follow your instructions.

However, I now see that I did not 'fully' understand your next instructions so I disabled the Serial Per Order plugins and sub-records, I have re-linked the pertinent products to the packs, tested and it is working as desired. The coupon is generated for the professional coupon products, the client can use that coupon to offset the cost of the program product and no serial coupon is generated for the client order.

Forgive my inability to properly understand your instructions. Some humans are more 'dense' than others and I happen to have a very thick head. :P

7 years 7 months ago #248573

Hi,

Assignation pack with product - Generate serial for each (of that) product in the order. It is the default mode in HikaSerial.
Serial per order - Generate serials for each orders regardless his content ; it uses a special plugin for that.

What you want to do is explained in the two HikaSerial tutorials :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...serial-tutorial.html
You HikaSerial configuration were fine and when you started to talk about your "user restriction" (which do not exists) you started to touch HikaSerial while it was not needed. I still don't understand why you did that

You have :
* one generator per coupon you want to generate
* one pack for each generator
* Some association between the packs and the products.

The generator which generate the coupon using the template "DWC" will be used by the pack for "DWC" which will be associated with the product for "DWC"

The generator which generate the coupon using the template "DWOC" will be used by the pack for "DWOC" which will be associated with the product for "DWOC"

Do not use the plugin "serial per order" ; maybe in the future but not now. Absolutely not now.
Be sure that your two coupons templates are right configured with the previous instructions (unpublished, quota).

Please understand that you do need to talk about HikaSerial with the HikaShop team ; They can't provide any kind of support on Hikaserial and they won't gave you any kind of instructions regarding HikaSerial.
With your coupon restriction problem ; they do not need to know anything about HikaSerial ; there is a coupon (the generated one, not the template) and you had issues with the restriction. That's all !
So if you think that Nicolas or someone else of the HikaShop support team gave you an instruction for HikaSerial : you misunderstood the message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #248589

Jerome,

Thanks for the followup and I am sorry for getting HikaSerial with HikaShop threads mixed up. But your guidance helped me get this straightened out, once I 'began' to understand the inter-connectivity between the two applications. You can lock this thread now.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds