Manually Deleted Serial Not Removing Product Stock

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 7 months ago #249909

Hi Guys,

I had some serials attached to some products - when I deleted these serials, the product stock wasnt updated - it still showed this product having stock to sell... even though there were no serial numbers available...

Your help would be appreciated.

--

I did read about the 2 step delete thing... But its odd because now I set that to YES... or whatever and then deleted the serial once and found it in deleted where I deleted it again... But I get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND serial_status = 'deleted'' at line 1 SQL=DELETE FROM #__hikaserial_serial WHERE serial_id IN () AND serial_status = 'deleted'

Believe in Better
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by nowherenowhere. Reason: Marking it a bit more important... I think this is a bug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 7 months ago #249914

Hi,

Can you please confirm the HikaSerial version (number) you're using ?
Would it be possible to have more details about your HikaSerial configuration and the serial you are deleting and the pack configuration for these serials ?

The update product stock depends on the HikaSerial configuration, the pack configuration (generator or not) and on the serials statuses (only the "free" one are counted).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 7 months ago #249989

Hi Jerome,

We are using Joomla 3.6.2
Hikashop: 2.6.4
Hikaserial: 1.10.4

All latest software... on my Hikashop subscription too...

It seems to be happening on all packs - that if the item is sold - it will remove the stock from the hikashop product... But if we manually delete the serial - it will be gone from the pack, the pack will be empty and the product will still show an item available... it is a problem... the only way we can get around it at the moment is to manually delete the product stock level from The actual product....

If you PM me or something, I'm happy to provide you with login credentials to take a look around... It seems to me its a bug..

Kind Regards
B

Believe in Better

7 years 7 months ago #250042

Hi,

Would it be possible to have more details about your HikaSerial configuration and the serial you are deleting and the pack configuration for these serials ?

Before having a look at your website I prefer to have the answer of my previous questions. (and we do not use PM we have a "contact us" form)

In the HikaSerial Serial class, for the function "delete", there is at the end some code
$productClass = hikaserial::get('class.product');
$productClass->refreshQuantities();
That code will ask for the refresh of the product stock quantities, for every products and every packs.
We had some reports on problems with the refresh quantity but we introduced a new algorithm to improve the "refresh quantity" SQL queries.
www.hikashop.com/forum/16-serial-bug-rep...difying-serials.html

That's why I'm surprise that your products quantities are not refreshed and that I need the answers of my previous questions.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #250045

Hi Jerome,

Sure, thank you for gettign back to me... Okay so I can confirm those 2 lines in my serial class... Which is strange. I've attached screenshots of my serial config, my pack config and my product config.... They are all doing the same thing though....

I have added and then deleted a serial to a test pack. We are manually adding the serial code. Then using the delete button to remove it.

Believe in Better

7 years 7 months ago #250046

Please see what you can do :)

I've submitted an email on your contact form with all access credentials.

Believe in Better
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by nowherenowhere. Reason: Update

7 years 7 months ago #250094

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce your issue in my local website ; so I think that the patch is already in HIkaSerial and you might not have the latest package.
I wanted to install a "preview" package in your website but the access you gave us are not working (admin tool gave me a 403 page).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #250158

Hi Jerome,

Ah yes, I forgot about that - we are restricting the site to certain GEO / IPs - what country are you in? Can you give me an IP range - I can then open up access for you?

Also as luck turns out - just needed to renew the SSL certificate - will be done in the next few minutes.

Ah.... you could also drop me the files here and I can upload/ replace them - with your instructions?

Kind Regards
Brett

Believe in Better
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by nowherenowhere.

7 years 7 months ago #250178

Hi,

We made you a reply by email.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 6 months ago #250224

Hi Jerome,

Thats very kind of you. I have seen the email - whats the chances hey... on the day you want to look the SSL cert is up for renewal, so now we are getting it properly installed but its taking some time...

Sadly that email you tried to send me with the attachment didn't come through. But in that last email I sent on your contact form - I have included the hosting details. You would be able to login to the server and just upload that zip file somewhere I can find it and install it?

I would appreciate that, hopefully by that time our ssl story will be resolved and I can just install this?

Kind regards
B

Believe in Better

7 years 6 months ago #250258

Hi Jerome,

Okay, looks like our SSL thing is sorted. I have opened access for France. Please see what can be done :) - I've sent yuo an email

Kind Regards
Brett

Believe in Better

7 years 6 months ago #250289

Hi,

I have installed the HikaSerial package and I cannot reproduce your issue in your website.
* I created two serials in the backend (for the pack "TEST")
* I displayed the test product in your backend : The product quantity was 2.
* I deleted one test serial
* I refresh the test product in your backend : The product quantity was 1.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: nowherenowhere

7 years 6 months ago #250296

Hi Jerome,

I dunno, something is not right here... You see I have now manually deleted that one that was left and I still see one as stock... on the backend when I view the product and on the frontend.... But in the serial pack there is nothing available...

So its the same really... still doing that..

Take a look - Warcraft test product

---

Yup, just ran another test to check... manually deleted the count from the Hikashop product count - reset to Zero. No Serials in the pack - no count on the product. Then I created a new serial in the pack - refreshed and the product now showed the count of 1 (1 added) great.... But then deleted the serial code - refreshed and still shows a count of one on the product fronend and backend - but zero available in the pack or under the serial filter.... so not picking up the actual count....

Not cool, my client is not happy...

Believe in Better
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by nowherenowhere.

7 years 6 months ago #250306

Hi,

How did you delete your serial ?
In my previous message I explained the different steps I made and I couldn't reproduce your issue.
So I'm wondering how you can still have that issue or how you are deleting a serial...

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 6 months ago #250384

Hi Jerome,

I deleted it with the button that says delete in the serial list view - Like on the screengrabs I sent you...

So for your testing, please I have added one serial and deleted it. Its still showing stock - how do you explain that? (When there is nothing there in the serial list?)

Is Nicolas still around? Things used to be resolved much quicker with you guys...

Believe in Better

7 years 6 months ago #250437

Hi,

First point - your issue was just when the serial quantity step down to "0".

Second point - I don't know what the hell with MySQL which return some completely incoherent results.
The query gave me a list of products and corresponding number of serials ; some with a "0" quantity (like it should) but, not all products where listed... Just incoherent.
I don't want to know if it coming from some weird and insane optimizations in the MySQL engine but the fact is that, it was returning uncompleted data. So I modified the original query in order to force him to not cut the result data and return ALL products.
While I don't have any kind of weird results in the test server ; your server gave me variant results (and something different results with the same query and the same content in the database).

But the good news is that the new query will force MySQL to not do some optimization job and return all the asked data.
So HikaSerial can know the quantity of serials for the product "66" and update it afterwards.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: nowherenowhere

7 years 6 months ago #250439

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for getting this sorted... It was a freaking nightmare. I have no idea why it was doing that... very very strange. It seems to be properly working now...

The weird thing is that it was all working properly until I did the Joomla! 3.6 update and then updated Hika and Hikaserial, then this issue started... Maybe something in that Joomla! update went crazy... I did use the FIX database function....

Anyways, no use dwelling on the past. Again - Many thanks!

Believe in Better

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds