How does work keys reservation in Hikaserial?

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 months ago #257127

-- url of the page with the problem -- : time4digi.com/
-- HikaSerial version -- : last
-- Joomla version -- : last

Hello,
We are selling game activation keys with digital delivery. The key is provided after payment confirmation.
We've got payment system, which provides payment confirmation in 10-15 minutes, and sometimes it can take up to 3 days. The question is,
What will happen if in stock left only 1 key, and in those 3 days someone else will buy the same product? So, 2 buyers for the 1 key. Is there some kind of reservation/conflict?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 3 months ago #257128

Hi,

The serial will be assigned only when the order will be confirmed, there is no reservation when the order is created.
Some elements in the HikaSerial structure could allow such kind of organization but there is currently no option to activate it because it didn't seem to be required.

Regarding your request ; I'll highly recommend you to configure the notification on low stock level.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...l#stock_level_notify

When using a generator you have a virtually an unlimited stock of serial but when you using serial from the database ; best is to have some notification to be able to refill your database before it comes empty.
If, due to a rush or else, some order are confirmed but not serial available ; you would have to refill your database and then use the "refresh association" button in the corresponding orders.
HikaSerial will check the order and assign the missing serials.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DimLVL

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 months ago #257176

Thanks for the reply, Jerome.
We have serials from db, and unfortunately for most our products refill will not work, since it's almost impossible to refill same product all the time because of unavailability (we are selling also 3rd party serials, which could be unavailable). And in case we will be forced to make a refund because of lack of the stock, we will have to pay additional fees to the payment system for the refund, which could be really high. Maybe it's still possible to switch on the reservation somehow? Otherwise, soon we have to expect consequences I afraid.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 3 months ago #257221

Hi,

The "reservation" system require some patchs in the HikaSerial core.
In the HikaSerial class "order", there is a function named "postUpdate" which is called after an HikaShop order is created or updated.

The goal of that function is to check the order status and assign (or unassign) serial depending it.
An improvement for that function would be to handle the order creation and pre-assign a serial using the serial status "reserve".
I take a look yesterday night and I already spend some time but such implementation will need some time and I cannot activate it "in a rush".
But I can put that feature in the TODO list for the next HikaSerial release ; the reservation system is something I imagine some time ago but it was not required at this time. You're the first person with a real need of it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DimLVL

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds