Installed Hikaserial no serials or packs appear

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #268251

I do get the orders and everything else just fine however none of the packs or serials show up attached to the order.
I followed all the tutorials and read all of the posts here.

1.The only thing I can think of is I am using a dev site and not my live site url?
2. Somehow Hikaserial is not communicating with Hikashop?

3. Can you please give me a helping hand by looking at my site in the backend?
I will post the login details privately where ever you want?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #268257

Hello,

We would need basic information about your website and his configuration (version number).
Unfortunately, with the current details, I have too much question, like :
What serial generator are you using ?
Does your pack right using a serial generator ? Or does they have good imported serials in the database ?
Does your products right have a pack assigned ?
Does your HikaShop order statuses are configured correctly (you right have "confirmed" statuses) ?
Do you still have the default values for your HikaSerial configuration ?
Does your HikaShop orders are confirmed ?

I clearly understand that you want us to take a look at your website configuration but one goal of our support is to help you to be autonomous to configure and manage your webstore.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 11 months ago #268278

1. What serial generator are you using ?
gyazo.com/7a3bee83fdbfc8021539e7201ed885ff
Should I be using 10 Series - HikaSerial Generator plugin?
i published it now by hitting the red x and making it a green check mark
This is the series gen I created
gyazo.com/612ff6d95a7ef4ebef5a7199c9103ee2

2.Does your pack right using a serial generator ? Or does they have good imported serials in the database ?
Dont understand what does the word "right" mean or refer to?

3. Does your products right have a pack assigned ?
Dont understand what does the word "right" mean or refer to?
Do you mean "Does your product have a pack assigned right or correctly ?
it does have a serial assigned as shown in the screencap but I can not see anywhere in the product settings to assign a pack?

4.Does your HikaShop order statuses are configured correctly (you right have "confirmed" statuses) ?
I think you mean Hikaserial order status see screencap
gyazo.com/c2c294b4ac3b7e80b46ee070696f111a

5. Do you still have the default values for your HikaSerial configuration ?
Dont think so I have changed a few of them how would i verify this?

Does your HikaShop orders are confirmed ?
yes
gyazo.com/a49d3398590c351c97b0f47e3ed4e9bb

6 years 11 months ago #268314

Hello,

When an order is confirmed (or in your case, even when an order is created), HikaSerial is checking if there are products with "packs".
If so, it will look for available serials in the database or, if required, will use the serial generator to create new serials for that orders.
If there is no generator or the generator cannot create serials, your order will stay "empty" (but you have the "refresh association" button in the order details once you have fixed the configuration or fill your database).

For example if you're using the "coupon generator" but there is not "coupon template", the generator won't be able to generate coupons so no serial will be generated.
In your case, it looks like you're using the "series" generator BUT that plugin is not published in your listing (first screenshot).
It would explain why no serial are generated because HikaSerial cannot call a generator if the plugin is unpublish.

The word "right" means that there is a generator configured in your pack and there is a pack assign to the products with which you are performing your tests.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 11 months ago #268325

I published the serial generator and redid an order and it worked
gyazo.com/6e23b3df874a4e168ceaaa7f2dd2fcad

it also shows the serial code in the emails both to me as the owner and the purchaser.

In the serial consume module when I paste in my serial code on the frontend it returns an invalid number error?
gyazo.com/be2762a578e8df8e493ecb731a62d8a4

This is the serial code I pasted in the module on frontend VSerial-00002

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ktn@keystothenet.com. Reason: I added more info of the serial code I pasted in the module on frontend

6 years 11 months ago #268327

Hello,

Without details about the configuration of your pack it will be difficult for us to know if your serials are able to be consumed.

In any case, I recommend you to perform some modifications in your HikaSerial global configuration for the "display serial" and "useable serial" settings
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...l-configuration.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 11 months ago #268350

1. "Without details about the configuration of your pack it will be difficult for us to know if your serials are able to be consumed"
Thats why I want you to please review my settings it will take me days and you could find this in less than 15 minutes and I have already spent a week trying to get this to work.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

2. Thanks but " I recommend you to perform some modifications in your HikaSerial global configuration" is pretty vague and not enough info to get from your documentation link.

Thank you

6 years 11 months ago #268364

Hello,

I clearly understand that you want us to take a look at your website configuration but one goal of our support is to help you to be autonomous to configure and manage your webstore.

1 - If you take a look at that tutorial you will see how you need to configure your pack in order to use the consumption for "e-tickets".
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ticket-tutorial.html
Please note that you never mentioned what you want to do ; you never told that you need "consumption" of serials or else.
So I'm afraid that even if we can see your configuration we don't know anything related so we can't help you for things that we don't know !

2 - If you're looking at the same exact tutorial you will see a screenshot of the HikaSerial configuration.
And if you read our HikaSerial documentation you will find explanations of the different settings and their purpose :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nable_order_statuses

When a HikaShop order is validated (and there is a product which use an HikaSerial pack), HikaSerial will assign some serials to this order.
You have to specify all orders status which allow to have a serial.

The default configuration is "confirmed,shipped".
So when an order would be confirmed (example: his status changed from "created" to "confirmed"), HikaSerial would assign serials.
If the order changed to "shipped" after that, the serial would stay.
It is important to notice that if "shipped" is not present in the list and an order change his status to "shipped", the serials would be unassigned by HikaSerial.

So, even if I don't know what you want to do ; I think that you don't want to give valid serials for your customers who have "created", "cancel" or "refund" orders.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds