Add links in emails and redeem as a guest

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #269630

We are selling a voucher worth a troy ounce of silver.
The purchaser receives the voucher code
If they want to redeem it for currency they have to request it via email then we manually refund them in paypal.
We made a gift certificate with attachserial plugin to allow them to pass it on to a receiver person who then either keep it or redeem it for currency.

I am trying to allow the buyer to send or give out the coupon in an Email and the person could scan the qrcode on their phone and then redeem it.
The steps I have so far are:
1. buyer sends email to a person they want to redeem the coupon
2. The recipient of the email prints and scans coupon qrcode with their mobile phone app
3. It should then send them to the site and they then should be able to redeem
4. Or the receiver records the serial code number and clicks on the link in the email and manually enters the serial code number in the "Enter your serial code " field.

However at this point after receiving the email they must register first then go to my redeem page and type in the code in the "Enter your serial code " field.

Related Questions:
1. Is there any way to automate this better?
2. How do I include in the "confirmation email" a link to send the receiver directly to the redeem page
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
and then they may type in the code in the "Enter your serial code " field. ?
3. Then be automatically registered and receive the emails? Perhaps a link that allows them to redeem the voucher as a "guest"?

c. or at least go to the registration page and then to the redeem field and type in the code in the "Enter your serial code " field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #269648

Hello,

You can use the plugin "mail to custom field" which allow to send the serial (and the attachserial image) to an email specified during the checkout.

Regarding the consumption ; you can use an URL in your QRcode in order to consume directly the serial ; but it is not something I would recommend without being sure of your configuration/organization.
The consumption is mostly there is use a serial and perform specific actions (like changing the user group, adding a product into the cart...)
If you want to know more about consumption ; we have a tech documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onsume-features.html

But it would be interesting to know what "redeem" is for you.
Because in HikaSerial and most of the consumption plugin, it's not possible to perform the action as a guest, the serial is generally attached to an order and a customer and the different actions require an account too.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #269822

You can use the plugin "mail to custom field" which allow to send the serial (and the attachserial image) to an email specified during the checkout.

I made a custom field that should show in the email after the first person purchases that would allow them to fill in and send to the coupon/gift certificate to the next person.
However it shows on the frontend in checkout and does not show in the email?

Regarding the consumption ; you can use an URL in your QRcode in order to consume directly the serial ; but it is not something I would recommend without being sure of your configuration/organization.

a. Can you provide an example or the actual URL I would use?
b. I dont think you can use 2 urls so wouldn't this conflict with me first entering the url to add the product so it matches ?
c. "without being sure of your configuration/organization.' not sure what you are concerned about here could you give me an example of what might be an issue?

But it would be interesting to know what "redeem" is for you.

Well redeem is two actions,
a. when a purchaser wants to exchange their silver voucher for cash
b. when the original purchaser sends a coupon/gift certificate and the receiver then wants to exchange their silver voucher for cash

Thank you

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Jerome. Reason: adding [quote] tags to be able to understand something

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #269841

Hello,

1 - I'm sorry I don't understand what you're talking about. Really.

2.a - I can tell you that the tutorial "selling e-tickets" already contains your answer :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ticket-tutorial.html

2.b - I don't understand what you're talking about. Nothing.

2.c - I'm asking you details about your configuration.. In order to know your configuration and be sure of my answers !

3.a - Okay, that's a gift certificate, an "e-ticket" usage because nothing is done in the website.
3.b - That's the exact same thing than the previous point. The exact same action,

Please read very carefully the "selling e-ticket" tutorial which contains the full produce to create a e-ticket system ; where an human need to check the "ticket" to allow to perform one manual and non-virtual action.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds