• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #300176

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- HikaSerial version -- : 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

A year ago I set up a store that gets used for an annual event. Sales associates are given 7-digit codes (HikaSerials) that are linked to one of four pointsgen Packs, in quanities of 250/500/750/1000. They then use these points to purchase products on the shop. We used this system with great success and were very pleased.

This year, I cleared out all the old user data, orders, and serials. I updated to latest versions of Joomla, HikaShop, and HikaSerial. I generated new serials and used the import feature to import them to the various packs. However, I can't get any serials to consume on the front end. Each attempt is met with "Error:Serial already used. Message: Serial invalid."

My settings are all the same as last year. I have confirmed that the consumer is configured (I think) correctly and is published. I also tried generating serials directly in the pack generator rather than importing, but was met with the same result.

Has anything changed in terms of configuration since this time last year? Please see the attached screenshots of my settings. Hopefully you'll see something I've missed.

Thanks very much.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by sixdeuces.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 5 months ago #300177

Hello,

The "Points" plugin is using an information stored into the serial to be able to know how many point it will give to the logged user.
So, you need to check the serial you're using for the test, if that serial right have some "extra data" for the value of the points for the field called "points_value".
Since you're using the consumption plugin in "dynamic mode", it need a value in the serial extra data to be able to consume it.

Please, just in case, also check that the serial is not duplicate in your database.
The other point is to right check that you are logged with a Joomla account. Since the plugin will give point, it requires a user.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixdeuces

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #300282

I got it working. You were right on the serial extra data. I compared with the previous year and saw that I did have that there. I added that column to my data and re-imported.

However, that alone didn't do it. I also needed to change the HikaSerial configuration settings, specifically Unassigned serial status: Unassigned and Assigned serial status: Free to use.

Thanks very much for your assistance!

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds