Gift card question and howto?

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 3 months ago #138537

Hello,
I did some tests on demo.hikashop.com for the following scenario:
I want to send out coupons / gift cards for 10$ to customers.
Each coupon can be used only once, so quota is 1.
How can I know how many gift cards where used and in which order?
The coupon generator is generating the coupons based on a “template coupon” and I can see the coupons both in Orders>>discounts and in HikaSerials>>serials.
While I can see if a coupon is used in Orders>>discounts it seems to have no effect in HikaSerials>>serials listing.
How can I know how many coupons where used and how many are free for use?
How can I find out which user used which coupon? Is there another place to see it other than in the order details?
In general I guess I need a behavior of a coupon/ gift card but with some features of serial like statistics and stock notification.
Can that be achieved? If yes how? And if no what is the best practice to do what I want to achieve?

Thank you in advance for help and support,
Ilan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 3 months ago #138540

Hi,

There is no specific link between the HikaShop coupon and the HikaSerial serial after the generation.
Your coupon can be used several times so it is very hard to have such link between the two elements.
The serial should be generated in the "used" status. It is currently not possible to change the serial status when a coupon changed (as I said, it is very difficult to know when a coupon is "used", it depends on your template configuration).

You can follow the serial generation in the HikaSerial serial listing (using the filters to select the pack you want).
You can follow the coupons in the HikaShop discount listing (you can use some filters too).

If you have some ideas for improving the plugin, if you have a good idea of what you want to have for the interface, for the statistics and other ; do not hesitate to propose and we will analyze your request.

Best regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds