Pre-sale question for Birthday Gift Coupon usage

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 9 months ago #163352

After reading the documentation and trying the test site, I can confirm Hikserial is a very powerful component!

A few pre-sale questions on what it can do now and how it could be further developed.

We would like to use it for Gift Coupons to be purchased by Hikashop user A and offered to a non-Hikashop user B, for example for his birthday

Q1 - Can user A choose his preferred image from a choice of coupon images?

Q2 - Can user A write a birthday message to be embedded on the coupon image?

Q3 - Can the message be a WYSIWYG basic text formatting (bold, underline, colors) and can the formatting appear also on the coupon image?

Q4 - Can user A preview the coupon during the purchase process and see exactly how the message looks like on the coupon image?

Q5 - Can Hikaserial email the coupon to user B on his birthday date?

Q6 - Can user A be notified when user B has opened his birthday coupon email?

Q7 - Can user A be notified when user B has made an order using his coupon?

My guesses and suggestions

Q1: we create free products with 1 different coupon image each
Each free product will have a specific Hikaserial configuration with a specific coupon image

Q2, Q3: this should be feasible with a custom field HTML. But not sure about the message display on coupon image

Q4: no idea. Coupon number cannot be generated before payment is confirmed but can we show a custom field preview on coupon image before the order is created?
Maybe the checkout process step COUPON could be customized

Q5, Q6, Q7: maybe a specific mass action plugin could allow to do this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 9 months ago #163392

Hi,

R1 - Yes you have to use several products. But you have to create product variants too.
A "attach serial" configuration is link to a serial pack. So if you want to use different configurations, you have to use several packs.
Because you can assign a pack to each variant of a product, you can have one product with a coupon selection (could be different image, template, coupon value, etc).
Otherwise, the "attach serial" plugin should be improve to get a restriction system (which is complicated to implement).

R2 - Yes, you can use a "item custom field" and display the message in the image (using "Order product .... " + the nameky of the item custom field.

R3 - AttachSerial does not support displaying formatting text in the images. So using a wysiwyg editor will just display the HTML content in the image, not the formatted text.
The text is displayed "manually" by the plugin, so it does not understand HTML.

R4 - By default no, it require specific and custom development to do that.
The "attach serial" plugin works only with HikaShop orders which have serials.
You have to work in the product page itself. Displaying something only for products which have a serial. It is quite complex.
What I can suggest you is to use an "item custom field" with a limitation of characters.

R5 - HikaSerial does not send emails, HikaShop does.
It will require a custom development in order to have an integration with a newsletter system, like Acymailing.
Mass-action won't be able to do that. The mail action is not powerful enough.

R6 - Acymailing can know when an email is open. After that I'm not sure how it could be possible to notify user A, but I guess that using plugins, it could be possible.

R7 - Using a custom plugin (which has to be develop) it is possible.
When an order is made, it is possible to check if the coupon used is a serial ; and notify the customer (so, user A) that his serial has been used.
Like R5, mass-action won't be able to do that for the same mail reason (and for the serial look up too).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 9 months ago #163645

Thanks we have purchased and implemented per your suggestions.
Other usage question will follow in separate post in relevant forum section.

• Thank you received: 35
3 years 1 month ago #330341

Hi guys,
about "Gift Coupon", starting from this point, with newest HikaShop / HikaSubscription release, Please, Anything has changed ?
OR still, this is the best "guide how to" we can follow

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 1 month ago #330353

Hello,

In the past years, HikaSerial and HikaShop received multiple updates with various improvements.
For example, HikaSerial do have a "mail to custom field" plugin which allow to send the coupon image to another email address.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds