Purpose of serial keys in Hikaserial.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #169211

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10

Hi,

What is the purpose of serial keys generated in Hikaserial. I get serial keys in mail along with my order confirmation message. Where should i use this serial keys? Do these serial keys have any other purpose. Where should I use these keys that are sent to my mail?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #169222

Hi,

There is no "serial key" in HikaSerial, there is a "serial data".
See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...e-in-hikaserial.html
Please read the documentation for the part "What is a Serial ?".

The serial data is the serial code, the content which is generated by HikaSerial in order to have something unique.
The serial data is generated using a serial generator, like the random generator, the coupon generator, the series generator, etc.
It could also be a data you imported in the HikaSerial database, for specific content like SIM card number, special activation key for a software.

The serial does not have any special feature if you don't use the consumption system.
The serial data is just the data, after that you can use plugins to perform actions if you want the user use the serial in your website.
See the section "Serial possibilities" in the documentation page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 7 months ago #170025

Hi
for information the consumption system need to create a link to a hikashop module name "serial consume" . In the FrontEnd when click on this link you ll see an input field to enter a value(capture screen from beez5 template ) . This value is store in rdbm in the colum of name serial_data .
For the module "serial consume" there seem there is no specific parameters . the link is index.php?option=com_hikaserial&view=serial&layout=consume.
the plug in hikaserial are not plug in you have to enable disable they contain item you have create and configure like module !! ?? . Many hikaserial plugin you ll configure ll be use during process of buying

idon't know what occur in rdbms when the value is enter .
it is the way i understand hikaserial GUI BE for consume.
the other side is of hikaserial is to be basic create a raster with the "value" on it . the value could be render using symbology as QRCode or EAN ... that should be print and give to someone else to be use ( enter code in webpage or scan ) ...

If you implement a software , the serial _data could be a key to be able to use the software that ll be send after payment . Hikaserial can also use for many anothers things see Hikaserial plugins !!

regard's

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by lionel75.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds