9 years 6 months ago #169771

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.8.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : many many

Hi
i create a product with quantity set to 1
i create a pack using ean generator and generate 3 serial .
When I edit product and associatiate product with pack , after save and have a look to the product ; the quantity have been update from 1 to unlimited ?

Why product quantity don't stay to 1 ?

regard's

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by lionel75.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #169778

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 6 months ago #169835

Hi
I read the tutorial but i think there is not enough informations ?
if i have 3 products ( each set 1 for quantity) link attach to the same package ( 3 keys) by consume 1 serial when buy . The tutorial say hikashop ll change the quantity but in my case there is no fixed value ( "integer type value"/ "number character value string") since the value quantity for product is set to unlimited .
in my case; i have 3 product set to quantity 1 consume 1 configure to use the same package that contain 3 keys ( 1 key ll be use by 1 product ) .
It is not because i have 3 key in the package that for each product HKS have to update the the quantity by process quantities ( new update foreach one product ) = number of keys in the package / number of key consume by buying ) , here this ll set all quantities from 1(a) to 3/1 = 3 ( abc) !!!!
I think HKS think the total of key ll be use available by each product an so increase the number of product but change the value quantities not to a number but to unlimmited . I was thinking the numbers of total key ll be available for all the product that are attach to product .

Can hikaserial could work in my specific case ?
Does HKSerial update the quantity to another value or by set the new quantities to unlimitted value ?

i don't understand the tutorial , why set quantity to 2 when attach product to package ?

The 2 is set in the BE product on hikaserial package ? not in the Front side whe nthe buyer choose the number of licence he want ?
Product
Serials
Name quantity ID delete
The 1 in packs products quantity is really the number of product quantities?
Packs
PRoducts
Name code quantity ID

A) why force the buyer to buy a bundle of licence of 2 keys items ?

B.) here quantity values of each product change refer to number of keys in package ?
why minimum number of key number could not be be compute/genrate when /After all product attach to package have been set ? Each time the stock update , the package number keys must be update .
variant number quantity make the compute value of number of key more difficult ?

C) i think that to resolve my issue i have to create one package of 1 key for each product ?
can we do that using mass action ?

I do'nt know if what i ll write in this post is right but
--hikaserial package behave toward a product and don't take care manage group of product !
i mean by group of product when each product use the same hikaserial package .
--the number of key change the products/variant quantities ( not the inverse !!)

perhaps i don't understand what mean the serial quantity field in product (edit ) ?

regard's

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #169844

I test a new configuration with no variant

A.)

setting
-product
product quantity = 1
product serials quantity =1
-packs
packs - additional information - status refund : free to use free to use 1
packs PRoducts for productname quantity= 1

when i try to change product quantity to 1 save show me quentity unlimited !!

B .)
setting
i remove key in my pack
i generate one key ( click 2twice on generate button aferset the number of key i need)
in product i delecte attach serial and save
in product i attach the new packs i create wich contain 1 key and save
in product i change quantity from unlimited to 1 and see if quantity stay to 1
=> the quantity stay to unlimited

the problem is that quantity value is manage by quantity.php for rendering item and
my real quantity is 1 not unlimited ( set by hikaserial )

my question should be :
Is there a way to have produt quantity set to 1 if we attach an hikaserial packs to the product ?
Is there a parameter in HK ( shop | serial ) that let me do that ?
regard's

9 years 6 months ago #169851

Hi,

Did you remove the option in the HikaSerial configuration ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ink_product_quantity

If the option is not set, HikaSerial won't override the product quantity, the product quantity of HikaShop will be used as his inherit system.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Jerome.

9 years 6 months ago #169915

Hi
i don't understand "if the option is not set "...... in any case the option is set / or not set to something like yes or no !!
The documentation is accessible from the help icon and we can read

You can link the product quantity to the quantity of serials.
HikaSerial would modify the quantity for HikaShop product depending "pack" affectations.

If the pack does not have a plugin generator, HikaSerial would count the "serials" stock and change the product quantity depending his link.
so for hikaserial don't change the quantity value of product 2 things must be set
1 --- set to "no" "link product quantity" ?
2 --- use a plug in generator in packs ?

regard's

9 years 6 months ago #169920

Hi,

So, what's the problem ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #169994

hui
i don't understand why use a plug in generator is a requirement ?
we go wrong if in pack we don't select a plug in generator plugin instance name ?

regard's

9 years 6 months ago #170007

Hi,

There is no requirement.
The text explains the conditions where a product quantity will become "unlimited".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #170017

Hi

i try since 2 days to have the product quantity to 1 and prevent HKS ( Shop| Serial ) to change it without success .
Each time when i edit product and attach a serial to product the quantity swicth to unlimited !
Each time i post you focus me on the documentation . i give me 2 days more for succeed and then give up !!

in this documentation https://www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/111-hikaserial-configuration.html#link_product_quantity the word "unlimited" is never explicitly use in the html page article ? ctrl find in my broswer retur no item . Is there a link to a page / documentation about unlimited value ?
regard's

9 years 6 months ago #170021

Hi,

So, did you change the option "link product quantity" as I mentioned in my first message (and then, my second) ?

Because, if you are still using the option, the problem will persist.
So, change that option to "no" and re-edit you product to enter the quantity you want.

And in the future, if you want something "dynamic", with a link between the serials quantity and the products ; please do not use a generator for your packs.
A generator generates serials.. So the quantity of serials is "unlimited" because it is the main goal of HikaSerial, to generate unlimited quantity of serials, because when there is no more serial available in the database, the generator will generate new one !
(because it is his goal and that's also the main base of HikaSerial)

The button "generate" in the back-end is there to help you for populate the database with content ; but with special generators, the content depends on the content of the cart (or the user), so you can't populate the database and you don't want to use serials from the database.
So the "pack data" should be "none" in order to no look in the database but always generate a new serial. For sure the serials will be stored in the database but, when HikaSerial will need one, it won't look into.

The problem you got is that, you have the option AND you are using a generator in your pack.
If you remove the option OR you remove the generator in the pack, the product quantity won't be modified when you edit a product.
It means that, HikaSerial change the product quantity when you edit a product, once the product quantity is unlimited it will stay unlimited, unless you re-edit the product when one of the two elements has changed.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Jerome.

9 years 6 months ago #170031

Hi
i ll take time to follow your advices ( OR AND :blink: ) .
i know hikaserial is a must ( buy hikashop to use it )
Thank's a lot i ll post back if i succeed .

9 years 6 months ago #170032

Hi,

Hum.. Let's summarize :

link product quantity YES + pack with generator = product with unlimited quantity.

link product quantity YES + pack without generator = product with "classical" quantity
link product quantity NO+ pack with generator = product with "classical" quantity

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

7 years 5 months ago #252525

to be focus in the question there was many years : no i don't change the option "link product quantity" for two reason ...
1 I don't know at this time where was it 's location in hikashop GUI backend
2 i was thinking this kind of configuration should be implemented in the package level not he general level

Some screen shot at this time ll help me more than text . With some capture screen it ll be more usefull since all is really simple if we understand the way hikashop hikaserial work and take care of all the options informations available in each hikashop web page .........

To generate serial you have to configure a specific generator ( hikaserial -> plugin) and then go to pack ( component -> hikaserial -> pack) and then click on the name of the pack to generate serial . the [see list] is on ly a statistic page about how the serial in that package has been use !!

The actual documentation of hikashop shoud be enhance . I test the hep button in backEnd and see the documentation is the same
The documentation focus only on the page that contain the list of the pack not all the optionss / parameters the pack has in edit mode !!!

question 1 : So the relation beetwen product and package of serial is a global setting . All my package i ll create ll have to behave in the same way !! ...Strange !!
question 2 : Can i have more information about Pack data , could we define the value using custom field ? Can i have clue about this API event to use ?
question 3 : it is from product ( edit mode) we can attach serial to is there a way to have a specific serial from a package to be eatach to a specific product ?

So the relation beetwen product and package of serial is a global setting . All my package i ll create ll have to behave in the same way !! ...Strange !!

Regard's

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by lionel75.

7 years 5 months ago #252529

Hi,

to be focus in the question there was many years : no i don't change the option "link product quantity" for two reason ...
1 I don't know at this time where was it 's location in hikashop GUI backend
2 i was thinking this kind of configuration should be implemented in the package level not he general level

You didn't know where the setting was ?
When in my message #169851 I wrote that question with, for the second time, a direct link to the HikaSerial configuration documentation for the setting I was talking about ?!

Did you remove the option in the HikaSerial configuration ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ink_product_quantity

And it was written in bold : the option in the hikaserial configuration.
Two lines with one very clear question and one link of documentation (of the hikaserial configuration ; it's the title of the documentation page).

1 - there is no question. It's an irrelevant point and I continue to give me the feeling that you are trying to read my messages ; few years ago here, or few days ago there : www.hikashop.com/forum/15-general-talk-a...serial-quantity.html
So I am afraid that I can't do anything for you.

2 - I don't understand your questions.
There is no context, no indication of anything which could allow to write an answer. So unfortunately, no, I can't.

3 - I don't even understand the sentence.

It would be useful if you try to not edit your messages again and again ; like I told you several times it generates serious issues with our ticket system and I don't want to have to take serious actions in order to force you to stop editing your message to add some content again and again.

You are also totally free to use French if you want to ask your questions. If it can help for the communication it will be great.
But when you asking a question ; it should be one question, with a context, an interrogation and a question mark.

And you should really see to organize your questions and your message to have a something as compact as possible.
Screenshots are great to display your settings, your configuration, a result of a page ; not to illustrate I don't know what.

But the most important point would be to show us that you are reading our messages carefully.
Take you time to read, take your time to prepare your message and your question. There is no rush and posting you message to edit it afterwards will not help you to have a fast reply because it will generate issues in our ticket system so it won't make us in the perfect mood.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 5 months ago #252605

I share your point of view ....

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds