consume serial using only URL return state ?

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 6 months ago #173513

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.22
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.8.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : many

Hi
I don't test but read only the documentation . There is only 3 variables to set to consume serial data
http://{YOUR_WEBSITE_URL}/index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=consume&hikaserial[data]={serial.serial_data}&confirmation=1&hikaserial[format]={format}
1 {YOUR_WEBSITE_URL} static predefine by user / dev
2 {serial.serial_data} realtime ( keyboard or scanner )
3 {format} static predefine by user /dev only HTML seem to be supported

a- could a security code be add to the URL by default ?
b- i don't have a look to the php code but is there a way that when HKS consume extension by recieve an URL url request ( not HTML input form) that HKS server return information about state ?
IF it is the firt time the serial_data is use then return a OK messsge
IF the serial_data have been already use return date information ( when use when buy ) and name adress phone of buyer
IF the serial is unknow ( not buy ) then return unknown .
c- could json or XML are in the todo list ? if not does the html is XML compatible ( such can also be easy parse like it was xml document using SAX or DOM parser )
I know the documentation i can read "it will consume the serial and display you the details of the serial (the order number, the customer, etc). ". But can the documentation be enhance by describe all the field and the format that could be return ? I think that with those information, a developper without hikaserial could implement / manage the informations / status.
In a way serial consumption it is a webservice ( REST SOAP WDSL or whatever you want ) that is already implemented in the server side ( don't know if JSON or XML , HTML transfert format is use ) to be able t obe easy parse in the client side with script ( HTML AJAX javascript or application like java applet silverlight flach .....or whatever you want ) !

Since Javascript is use by HTML page ,AJAX, jquery , phonegap and many client MVC client template library ( Knotknout.js so..... JSON format must also be implemented rather than XML . Does this make sense ?

Regard's

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by lionel75. Reason: argue for json implementation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #173515

Hi,

Did you read this documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onsume-features.html

Because, mostly all answers of your questions are there.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds