stuck on tutorial no generator for pack

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 6 months ago #174001

I am trying to follow along with the tutorial
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...serial-tutorial.html

I have created a coupon generator, and go to create a new pack

In the configuration of the pack, you will be able to choose the generator previously configured.

There is a drop down in that section, but nothing is in it.
Also, it is not clear what is the difference between Pack Data = "Pack SQL data" or "No Pack data provider"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #174034

I noticed that the generator was not published by default. I published it and it showed up in the drop down.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 6 months ago #174040

Hi,

Thanks for the report.
When you publish a plugin configuration, the generator is automatically published, but I saw that if you create a published configuration for an unpublish plugin, the plugin is not published.
I will see to improve that in future version.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 6 months ago #174098

Ok, still trying to follow along on "create a gift certificate"
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...serial-tutorial.html

The instructions are not very good.

1. I created the coupon generator
  2. I created the pack
  3. I created the 'attach serial'
Now what?
Do I create a product which is a gift certificate?

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by zipadyduda.

9 years 6 months ago #174099

Hi,

3. Associate the pack with a product
4. Creating a gift certificate image (attach serial)

I think you missed the point 3 in the tutorial, where you link the pack with a product.

About the Pack data, there is an explanation in the documentation of the pack edtion.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ition.html#pack_data

"Sql" or "None" are available. It indicates the source where HikaSerial could look at existing serials.
With "Sql", HikaSerial can retreive pre-generated serials or unassigned serials. With "None", HikaSerial would always generate a new serial with the configured Pack Generator.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #174125

This post got me part of the way there.
www.hikashop.com/forum/17-serial-how-to/...ift-certificate.html

Please consider adding this info to your tutorial for future clients.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to generate a pdf and mail it to the purchaser or to provide a download link for them to receive the gift certificate.

9 years 6 months ago #174128

Hi,

Thanks but, which information are you talking about ?

There is not "PDF" generator in HikaSerial, the plugin "attach serial" only generate image which can be added as attachment to the confirmation email.
It is also possible to use it in "download" mode to let the user have a download link to download the image dynamically.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.h...ns-attachserial-form

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #174723

I'm sorry, but your documentation on creating a gift certificate is really not helpful.

I created the coupon generator
I created the pack
I created the 'attach serial'
I created a product to purchase the serial
This creates a new coupon with the serial number. ( It looks like I will have a lot of coupons. This will make it very difficult when trying to separate coupons from gift certificates. )

Problem 1 The new coupon has a quota 0. I only want it to be usable one time and then 'consumed' or disappear or not usable again.
Problem 2 I don't get an email with the code I purchased.
Problem 3 I want to be able to purchase a lot of 5 coupons with one transaction
Problem 4 I want a separate gift certificate or separate email for each of the 5 gift cards.

Thanks.

9 years 6 months ago #174779

Hi,

Here the documentation for the coupon generator.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.h...ugins-coupongen-form

Did you create a correct coupon template ?
I have to know that your coupon template will be duplicate by the plugin when a serial will be required.
More than that, you don't have to create "manually" the coupons, you don't have to "populate" the pack with serial-coupon ; specially if you have a dynamic price coupon (depending on the pack' associated product price).

If you don't want to generate an HikaShop coupon because you won't use the coupon code in the HIkaShop store, the best is to use the random-generator and use a consume system.
The gift certificate tutorial explain the global working and the common configuration. I am sorry if the tutorial can't know your specific requirements and specific needs ; it explains the classical configuration and it already helped a lot of users to start with HikaSerial.
That's also why we have a support forum, for the non-common cases.
But at this moment I will require details about what you want to do, otherwise I won't be able to help/guide you correctly.

1) It is not related to the Serial but to the HikaShop coupon. The serial is not useful at all if you are using the coupon generator because the useful part is the HikaShop coupon (which has his own life).

2) So you have to override the HikaSerial view to not display the serials in the emails.
( It is not explained in the tutorial for sure, it's not something people asked generally. )

3) It is not related to HikaSerial, it is related to HikaShop and the "product > limits" or the "product quota".
( And like the previous point, it's not something I can put in the tutorial, it is really specific to your requirements )

4) You will have separate image generated by the plugin "attach serial".
It is not possible to get separate emails for each products of an order ; it is HikaShop related and HikaShop send an email to the customer for an order notification. If you want to have several emails, you have to make several orders.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #175246

Did you create a correct coupon template ?

Yes the coupon duplicates.

More than that, you don't have to create "manually" the coupons, you don't have to "populate" the pack with serial-coupon ; specially if you have a dynamic price coupon (depending on the pack' associated product price).

I don't understand what you mean.

The gift certificate tutorial explain the global working and the common configuration. I am sorry if the tutorial can't know your specific requirements and specific needs ; it explains the classical configuration and it already helped a lot of users to start with HikaSerial.
That's also why we have a support forum, for the non-common cases.
But at this moment I will require details about what you want to do, otherwise I won't be able to help/guide you correctly.

I am trying to follow along with the general configuration first. I want to be able to sell a gift certificate. I am trying to follow the instructions but not getting the result shown in the example.
Beyond that, I want to sell a pack of 5 gift certificates as a single item.

1) It is not related to the Serial but to the HikaShop coupon. The serial is not useful at all if you are using the coupon generator because the useful part is the HikaShop coupon (which has his own life).

What I see is that the coupon generator duplicates the HikaShop coupon in every way except a random name. This means that it also duplicates the quota. This is not effective as a gift certificate because the same serial number can be used multiple times.

2) So you have to override the HikaSerial view to not display the serials in the emails.
( It is not explained in the tutorial for sure, it's not something people asked generally. )

I don't understand because this is what I want. I want to send the serial in an email. I'm not getting any email.

3) It is not related to HikaSerial, it is related to HikaShop and the "product > limits" or the "product quota".
( And like the previous point, it's not something I can put in the tutorial, it is really specific to your requirements )

My goal is to sell 5 gift cards as a single item. Not have the customer choose 1,2,3,4, or 5

4) You will have separate image generated by the plugin "attach serial".
It is not possible to get separate emails for each products of an order ; it is HikaShop related and HikaShop send an email to the customer for an order notification. If you want to have several emails, you have to make several orders.

If I can include all 5 in the same email that would work.

Thanks

9 years 6 months ago #175252

Hi,

Please provide screenshots.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #175382

screenshots of what?

9 years 6 months ago #175386

Hi,

Your pack configuration.
Your coupon generator configuration.
Your coupon template configuration.
Your product configuration (for the "pack association" part).
Your HikaSerial configuration.

If you want us to validate that you configured it right, we have to see your configuration.
You said that you don't have the expected result, it means that something is not configured properly ; if you do not understand what the "pack populate" is, I have to check that you did not do it and that your configuration is right.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #175416

Pack Config

Coupon Gen Config

Coupon Template Config

Product Config (product = gift certificate for sale not the product that the coupon will get you later)

HikaSerial Config

9 years 6 months ago #175417

Hi,

Thanks.

I see that your coupon that you use for the template is published ; it is better to not publish it so customer won't be able to use it.

You set a "variable discount" in the "coupon generator" plugin but this option is when you want to create a coupon with a fixed amount (the amount of the product associated with the pack).
But because your coupon template is a "100%" coupon, the option in the generator is in contradiction.
I also recommend you to set a quota in your coupon template ; you have to set "Number of time used" to "0" and "Quota" to "1".

Because you are using a "coupon generator", I recommend you to no use a "Pack Data" for your pack.
So HikaSerial will generate for each order a coupon and it won't use serials in the database.

Please make this little modification in your configuration and process a new test order.
By confirming the order in the backend, HikaSerial will generate a new serial and a new coupon.

If you want to generate 5 serials in the same time ; please change the quantity in the product configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #175517

For now I would just like to get a single gift certificate with a purchase and then worry about getting the 5.

I made the changes you suggest. It seems I get the same result. I can see the coupon codes if I look under my orders and open up that order, but I don't get an email or any kind of message other than the thank you for purchase.

I have those confirmation emails turned off for my other products. Can I turn them on only for this gift certificate product?

9 years 6 months ago #175557

Hi,

HikaSerial adds his content in the HikaShop emails and also in the HikaShop views.
It can't publish and send an HikaShop email if you have unpublish it.
When the HikaShop email "order status notification" is sent for an order which is confirmed with a serial, HikaSerial add his content and the plugin "attach serial" add the gift certificate images.

If you want to tweak HikaShop in order to not send the emails only for some products, the best will be to publish the email and put some code in the "preload" in order to do that filter.
You can otherwise use a custom plugin and the trigger "onBeforeMailSend".
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tml#onBeforeMailSend
But if the email is unpublish, it won't be possible to send them ; no plugin or override can change the fact that the email is unpublish and not available.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #175763

Ok so enabling the order status delivers the gift certificate in the form of a png file.

But for some reason the serial number is cut off at the beginning.

I also would like to change the colors etc. Where is this code?

9 years 6 months ago #175799

Hi,

It depends if you're talking about the content in the email or the image.
If you're talking about the image, all is available in the configuration of the plugin "attach serial" you created thanks to the tutorial.
You can change every color, every position (so you can move the serial data to the right).
You can also change the image by using one of yours.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.h...ns-attachserial-form

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #175855

I think I got it finally.

Thanks

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds