Use HikaSerial to generate software license

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #175107

Hi,

we like to use HikaShop & HikaSerial to ship our software. Before we order it, I like to know if the following use case is possible.

Our license keys will be generated by adding a user relevant information (like Username) to a salt and hash the result. These two information will made up the license key.

1. Is it possible to generate the liicense key this way (HikaSerial)? Maybe how?
  2. Is it possible to add these to information to the bill after a successful payment?

Thank you,
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #175111

Hi,

1. It is possible to generate such licence key using HikaSerial.
There is no pre-existing generator for your specific case but it is possible to create your own serial generator.
The HikaSerial developer documentation give the general information about how the plugins works but using the existing plugins will be useful too.
The plugins in HikaSerial are also examples, giving different use cases.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...er.html#fct_generate
The generate function give the "$order" parameter which is the HikaShop order. Thanks to that, you can retrieve a lot of information about the order and about the customer.
The plugin "secure e-book" is using such thing, if you want to have a sample code.

If you have some troubles to create your custom serial generator, our support will help/guide you for that.

2. HikaSerial generate the serials once the order is confirmed.
The serial will be also display in the "order notification email" sent by HikaShop.
Using the plugin "attach serial", you can create a special image and add it as attachment to the order notification email.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkey

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #176379

Hi,

I bought hikashop essential and hikaserial. There are some trouble to set it up correctly:

1. The license key should be only displayed in the invoice. Not in the order notification.
  2. If the order is payed (automaticly or by set the order to payed), how could I setup to send an email to the customer with the license key and the invoice as an pdf.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for help,
Dirk

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #176383

Hi,

I'm a little bit confuse between your first and second point ; in my head I see them in contradiction.
HikaSerial generate the serial data when the order have a determined order status ; you can change it in the HikaSerial configuration (assignable order status).
It display the serials in the different emails and orders (backend + frontend). You can change the way that the serials are display using view override ("orderserial | show_..." views). So you can add some specific code in order to not display the serials depending your specific conditions.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds