How to assign serial pack to item custom fields

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 5 months ago #180178

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.8.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3

Hi!

I just purchased the business edition + Hikaserial and am starting to set up a shop selling primarily software.
First off, congratulations for an amazing product! Very flexible but not monolithic as some other packages out there. Thx!

My goal is to have one single product with 2 options, one of which is conditional:

- download or in a box
- If in a box, then User manual in language1 or User manual in language2

Since Variants can't work conditionally (i.e. option 2 depends on option 1), I had to use custom fields. So far so good, if I choose "In a box" the second custom field with language selection is displayed as a dropdown.

Now the problem to which I have not found a solution yet:
We have different custom serial number types for each format (download vs. box). How can I assign serial packs from Hikaserial to one specific item custom filed (e.g. download vs. box)? I found how to assign serials to variants, but as mentionned earlier, I need conditional variants and that doesn't seem to be an option in Hika.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by earmaster. Reason: typos and more details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #180193

Hi,

I understand your requirement ; I already have in the HikaSerial TODO list a request to let plugins assign packs to order dynamically.
Unfortunately it can't be done in a short time so for the moment I will recommend you to use characteristics.
Even if you can't have a conditional characteristic, you can have something similar.

While managing the variants for a product, you can delete the combination that you don't want.
These combinations won't be proposed to the customer and depending the layout you're using it can simply the display (like for the table display).

The other solution is to use a mix.
Having a characteristic for the format (download / box) and use a custom field for the language.
Using some override, you can add some javascript for the "hikashopUpdateVariant" function and display/hide the custom field depending the variant selected.

About the task in the TODO list, it will consist by a new column in the HikaShop "order" table added HikaSerial.
This column would contain some serialized data in order to link a pack to the order (or to a product_order of the order).
Thanks to that, HikaSerial will be able to manage dynamic assignations and a plugin will be able to assign a pack to an order during his creation.
This task is planned for HikaSerial 1.9.0 but I don't have precise schedule for the moment ; I'm currently working on HikaMarket 1.5.1 (and his documentation).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 5 months ago #180281

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for replying so fast.
I think one of the workarounds you suggested will do fine until the new feature is implemented. :)

Cheers

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds