HikaSerial recipient e-mail

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 4 months ago #180603

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.8.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

I am using HikaSerial to sell gift certificates on a client's website. How do you set it up so that a recipient's
e-mail address can be specified?

For example, if I am buying a gift certificate for my brother - I want the invoice / order confirmation to go to
me, but the actual gift certificate to go to his email.

How do I do that?

Many thanks,

Cynthia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #180648

Hi,

You need a specific (custom) plugin to do that.
HikaSerial is integrated with the HikaShop emails but HikaShop does not send such email for the gift certificates.

That's why it is required to create a dedicated email for the gift certificate and develop a custom plugin to send the email to the targeted email.
Using a custom item field would be require so when the product will be added in the cart, the customer will provide the email address (and maybe more) that the custom plugin will use for his email.

Then, when HikaShop will confirm the order ; it will send an email to the customer and the plugin using the HikaShop trigger "onAfterOrderUpdate" could check the order status and send his custom email.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 4 months ago #180658

Jerome wrote: Hi,

You need a specific (custom) plugin to do that.
HikaSerial is integrated with the HikaShop emails but HikaShop does not send such email for the gift certificates.

That's why it is required to create a dedicated email for the gift certificate and develop a custom plugin to send the email to the targeted email.
Using a custom item field would be require so when the product will be added in the cart, the customer will provide the email address (and maybe more) that the custom plugin will use for his email.

Then, when HikaShop will confirm the order ; it will send an email to the customer and the plugin using the HikaShop trigger "onAfterOrderUpdate" could check the order status and send his custom email.

Regards,

First, thank you for the speedy reply. Overall I LOVE HikaShop and HikaSerial and the support I have received
has been top notch.

That being said...

Isn't it kind of a basic need for an e-gift certificates to be able to send it as a GIFT to someone ELSE other than
the person who is purchasing it? Months ago when I was evaluating shopping carts / gift certificate functionality,
I had a pre-sales conversation with someone at your company to make sure HikaShop / HiksaSerial would do
all that we needed it to do. This was one of the things I asked about specifically.

I was told that it would be no problem. I was never told that it would require a custom plugin.

Please advise....

Best,

Cynthia

9 years 4 months ago #180664

Hi,

I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding about the gift certificate email feature.
HikaSerial is a content generator ; so it generate the serial number (gift code) and can also create an image and attach it to the HikaShop order status notification.
It can also provide the image as a downloadable file for products.

What we recommend in most cases, it is to let the buyer get the gift certificate image and send itself to the other person.
So he can print it or sent it by email with the content he want.

It is not the first time that someone ask for such possibility to send an email to another person ; I am seriously thinking about integrating this kind of feature in HikaSerial but one goal of HikaSerial is to be as flexible as possible ; that's why I'm looking for something generic which can be useful for the maximum of users and handle different use-case.
I don't see how I could create a generic email ; in all cases I see it require a specific content for the context. Or the idea might be to not have any content in the email and let the user create/configure it.

It will make the difference between a generic feature and a custom feature.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #180682

I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding about the gift certificate email feature.
HikaSerial is a content generator ; so it generate the serial number (gift code) and can also create an image and attach it to the HikaShop order status notification.
It can also provide the image as a downloadable file for products.

What we recommend in most cases, it is to let the buyer get the gift certificate image and send itself to the other person.
So he can print it or sent it by email with the content he want.

It is not the first time that someone ask for such possibility to send an email to another person ; I am seriously thinking about integrating this kind of feature in HikaSerial but one goal of HikaSerial is to be as flexible as possible ; that's why I'm looking for something generic which can be useful for the maximum of users and handle different use-case.
I don't see how I could create a generic email ; in all cases I see it require a specific content for the context. Or the idea might be to not have any content in the email and let the user create/configure it.

It will make the difference between a generic feature and a custom feature.

Regards,

Thanks for clarifying! What makes the most logical sense (which is why I was surprised it was not already incorporated)
is to have an option in the Attach Serial plugin to specify a recipient e-mail address as a field that the customer fills in
when they are selecting options for the gift certificate (e.g. amount entering a gift message, etc...)

HikaSerial is already a great add-on, but having that sort of feature, which is a must-have for e-gift certificates, would be
extremely useful to your users.

Best,

Cynthia

9 years 4 months ago #180684

Hi,

I add it in my HikaSerial TODO list this afternoon.
The next release (which should be publish soon) will contain a new feature called "serial per order" ; I'll see if I had some time and good ideas to make a first version of a email plugin ; otherwise it will be for the next release.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #181888

Hi,

HikaSerial 1.9.0 has been released.
www.hikashop.com/forum/14-hikaserial/873...-1-9-0-released.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 3 months ago #184183

HikaSerial 1.9.0 has been released.
www.hikashop.com/forum/14-hikaserial/873...-1-9-0-released.html

Regards,

Jerome -

You are a godsend! This could not come at a better time. Do I need to uninstall the old version before
I install the new version?

9 years 3 months ago #184185

Hi,

No need to uninstall, the HikaSerial packages (like the HikaShop one) work for the install and for the updates.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds