Automatic Gift Certificate Email

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 5 months ago #181036

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.8.5

So after working with the hika serial and learning the work flow I better understand how the entire process works. But is there any way that there can be an email notification containing the gift certificate serial key that is generated upon confirmed purchase with out any intervention from some one on the back end? I'm noticing that after an order is placed, the serial is not generated until the order is confirmed, but since the key is not generated till the status change to confirm is made the confirm email does not contain the serial key. The status of the order must then be changed once again to something else at which point the serial is included in the notification email.

Can I simply change the settings under the configuration of the hika serial to generate on creation (rather than confirmation) to have the confirmation email contain the serial key ? And if so is that safe to do or will having a key generated on creation cause potential issue's that I am not aware of ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #181072

Hi,

You can change the HikaSerial configuration to generate the serials at the order creation but it is not recommended.
It will means that you will create and send a serial to someone who haven't pay yet, so you can potentially provide free gift certificates.

If you're using a payment platform which can confirm the order automatically (like paypal and a lot of our payment plugins), you won't need to modify the orders in the backend afterwards.

With HikaSerial, the best way to confirm an order is to edit the order and then modify his status.
The edition of the order status in the backend order listing does not allow to send a proper email, because the email content you see in the popup is generated before the modification of the order ; so HikaSerial did not generate the serials yet.
That's why it is better to edit the order and edit the order status there ; you can use the "notify customer" checkbox to send the generic notification during the modification.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 4 months ago #181142

Thats odd, I do use paypal checkouts and the confirmation emails do come in but I am noticing that the status of the orders get changed to a blank status and not confirmed. Were would the setting be to verify that upon payment confirmation the order status get set to confirmed?

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #181146

Hi,

Your problem is link to the HikaShop paypal configuration.
If the order is not confirmed correctly by the payment plugin, HikaSerial won't be able to know that the order is confirmed and that it has to add his content.

Please check your configuration and open a new thread in the HikaShop forum section if required.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 4 months ago #181179

Jerome wrote: Hi,

Your problem is link to the HikaShop paypal configuration.
If the order is not confirmed correctly by the payment plugin, HikaSerial won't be able to know that the order is confirmed and that it has to add his content.

Please check your configuration and open a new thread in the HikaShop forum section if required.

Regards,

Done. You were correct. I didn't have the setting configured in the plugin for paypal on confirmed orders properly configured. Now things are working as expected. Thank you.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds