How to use new plugin 'Mail to Custom Field'

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 month ago #194598

-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.9.0

I have looked but haven't yet been able to find any documentation on this new plugin Mail to Custom Field. I guess it is one on many things on the todo list. (Hang In there.. you do very well!)

I thought maybe I could use this feature to send a serial number to a custom field which I could then insert into an image to be emailed to the client. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 1 month ago #194630

Hi,

"Mail to custom field" is a new plugin which has been added just before the previous release ; it for a customer request.
With the rush I forgot to write the documentation (and because I'm still in the rush for the HikaMarket release, I still have documentation pages in my TODO list)

The plugin allow you to send an email to an address specify in a custom field (order custom field or item custom field).
The mail send will be the "hikaserial - mailtocustomfield" one.
The plugin will also call the "attach serial" plugin, to attach the serial image if there is one.
So you can create an order/item custom field and let your customer enter an email address to send the special mail (that you can override in the HikaShop email backend) to the targeted email.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds