How to use a coupon in different condition ?

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #202245

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.9.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : How to use coupon in different conditions?

I gave customers a coupon when he bought products > 6 pieces, but i want he can use the coupon next time no matter how much pieces he buy the next time. But what the coupon generator generated a coupon with the same amount set in the original template ( > 6 pieces), so the customer can not use the coupon when he buy 1 piece next time. How to resolve this ? Because it is quite practical problem. We usually did not restrict the customers about the amount they buy to use a coupon which we gave them previously.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 10 months ago #202291

Hi,

I'm not sure I see the link with HikaSerial.
The coupons are HikaShop related and the coupon generator in HikaSerial generate an HikaShop coupon code when creating a serial.

Can you please provide more details about the context and maybe some screenshots in order to help us to understand your current situation and what you want to achieve ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 10 months ago #202293

It is difficult to describe the problem with screenshots.
It can be understood very easily: the coupon with serial number created by Hikaserial is a complete same copy of the coupon template created by Hikashop (the gift certificate function). If the coupon template has a restriction of minimal order number of orders greater than 6 pieces, then the coupon created by Hikaserial also have such restriction. But that is not what i wanted. Because i want coupon user can use the coupon without any restriction next time ( this is also the usual trade condition we need).

8 years 10 months ago #202294

Hi,

I suppose it's a stupid question but why your coupon template have such restriction configured ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #202325

i want the customers to have bought more products before they can get the coupons. But i want they can use this coupon for next trade without such restriction ( even buy 1 piece of product can use the coupons from previous 6-pieces trade)

8 years 10 months ago #202327

Hi,

So why are you putting a restriction in the coupon ?
The restriction is for the context where you can use the coupon, not how you can "get" it.
If you want more details about the HikaShop coupon, I recommend you to create a new thread in the HikaShop forum section because right now I don't see the link with HikaSerial.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #202377

1. So how to restrict the gift certificate to orders with minimum number of products to greater than, for example, 6 or 8 ? (without setting the restriction in the initial coupon template ?)
2. If there is no function to achieve that in Hikaserial, then please tell me how to make the minimum number of products to fix to 0 or 1 when creating coupon with specific serial numbers from Hikaserial ( if the number in coupon template is , for example , 6 or 8 )? please see the attached files. I tried to hack the core file coupongen.php, but i can not find the code which created the new coupons. Please tell me how to do that manually.
3. I need this function badly because this is the very common way we do our business.
Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by dalusoha.

8 years 10 months ago #202421

Hi,

I'm sorry but that's not the goal of the plugin to be able to change everything in the coupons.
HikaSerial is duplicated the coupon template when using the "coupon generator".
So you have to remove the restriction on the coupon which is used as template if you don't want the restriction on the duplicated coupons.

If you want coupons with different restrictions, you have to create several coupon template and several packs for your different products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #202470

Actually, my concept is not so different from your original design for coupons. You just used "products" to restrict the coupons, and now i want to use "orders" to restrict the coupons. I think this is a very frequent requirement during daily trading in our countries. Most often, people buy many products at one time. So, restricting the coupons with order is more practical than binding the pack to just one product. Please consider what i said more profoundly. This will be a must-have function for any professional shopping cart system.
I found another plug-in named :"serial by order". This is very close to what i said. Actually this plug-in made it possible that a coupon will be sent to the customer when an order is created without binding any packs to any products. But unfortunately, there are no any fields for restriction such as minimal product numbers, or minimal order price , etc.
So if you are sure that you can not reach what i wanted "order-restricted" coupons, please tell me how to modify the "serial by order" plug-in to let me can make some restriction to orders. I think that is the most simple thing you can do for me.

Please evaluate my demand more meticulously and harder because this is the first time i shift to Hikashop related products and rumor said that it is perfect ......

8 years 10 months ago #202479

Hi,

So can you please explain me your concept.
Because I still don't get it so I still can't provide you any other solution that I have already do.
It's not that I don't want to help you or update the system ; I don't understand what you are trying to do, I don't understand your organisation and I don't understand why you can't use the organisation I propose you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #202517

I want the following functions:
1. give a customer a NT$300 personal coupon (only for him with one serial to his email) if he bought products > 6 pieces.
2. give a customer a NT$500 personal coupon (only for him with one serial to his email) if he bought products > 8 pieces.
etc.....
no matter what kind of products he bought. coupons will be given according to the total pieces in one order.
quite simple concept, right ?
But i found no way to do that in your software.

8 years 10 months ago #202550

Hi,

I'm sorry but I still don't get it.
I don't know what is "products > 6 pieces" or "products > 8 pieces".
But I could understand "if he bought more than 6 products".. But it does not seem to be the case, so I don't understand what it is exactly.

And I still don't understand why you want to override the restriction of the coupon because you're talking about different coupons.
So you do not need to override one coupon, you need different coupon generator with different coupon templates.

There is no available plugin to do so in HikaSerial but thanks to the feature "serial per order" (like you mentioned before) you can implement your specific algorithm using a custom plugin.
The plugin, regarding your specific rules, will assign a pack to the order ; depending the pack the coupon generator will create the corresponding wanted coupon (using the right coupon template).
If you can explain me clearly what you want to achieve, specially for that "piece" part, I could provide you some advice and piece of code but for the moment it's still unclear and too vague.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #202569

You are right , I meant "bought more than 6 products", "more than 8 products"
please help me

thanks

why there are so many misunderstanding between us .... for such a simple requirement ... sigh ...

8 years 10 months ago #202571

You seemed to still miss my points.....
My point is to restrict the way people "get" their coupons, not how they can "use" their coupons .....
So, who should receive a coupon should be determined by how they ordered .....

8 years 10 months ago #202573

The more they bought, the more valuable coupons they will get ( for the next time they order, they can use these coupons).
I will not give coupons to people buy 1 product, but i will give coupons to people who bought 6 products .....
is it clear ?

forgive my urgency...... i am really anxious to be blocked by this bottleneck for the whole project of my shopping cart .....

wish to hear from you soon ... (without any misunderstanding ....)

8 years 10 months ago #202579

Hi,

My point is to restrict the way people "get" their coupons, not how they can "use" their coupons ..

No, in fact I got that point ; but what you're trying to do at the beginning of that thread is in fact the opposite of what you want to achieve.
The restriction on the coupon is the restriction for the coupon ; how the user can use them.
That's why I was so confuse between your explanations and your configuration.
And when there are contradictory elements in a request, I'm not able to schematize the requirements.

So, now the specifications are complete !

Please see the plugin attached which is an update for the plugin "serial per order" with some new settings.
It will allow to specify a minimum and maximum of products in an order.

Which means you will need :
- One "serial per order" instance per quantity range.
- One HikaSerial pack for each "serial per order" instance
- One HikaSerial "coupon generator" per HikaSerial pack
- One coupon template per "coupon generator".

Example :
Coupon " NT$300 " (with the discount you want) - unpublished
Coupon " NT$500 " (with the discount you want) - unpublished

Coupon Generator " CG_NT300 ", using the coupon " NT$300 " as coupon template.
Coupon Generator " CG_NT500 ", using the coupon " NT$500 " as coupon template.

Pack " P_NT300 " using the coupon generator " CG_NT300 "
Pack " P_NT500 " using the coupon generator  "CG_NT500 "

Serial per Order " S_NT300 " link to the pack " P_NT300 ".
 Minimum quantity : 6
 Maximum quantity : 7
Serial per Order " S_NT500 " link to the pack " P_NT500 ".
 Minimum quantity : 8
 Maximum quantity : 10

If you set a minimum or maximum quantity to 0 ; they won't have any limitation.
Which mean that you can have
Serial per Order " S_NT500 " link to the pack " P_NT500 ".
 Minimum quantity : 8
 Maximum quantity : 0
To provide a serial when buying 8 or more products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago #202587

Thanks
But i can not input anything after install the plug-in you provided. (as attached file)
No textfields to input.

anything wrong ?

Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago #202589

can you also provide me the minumum and maximum total order prices as restriction as the minimum or maximum quantity ? that will be a very practical need for me.

Thanks

By the way, should i remove the old plug-in before installing this one ? because i dont see the serialperorder_configuration.php in the new plug-in zip file. Don't need that file anymore ?

8 years 10 months ago #202590

Hi,

It's a feature of next HikaSerial release that you do not have yet.
In the file "administrator/components/com_hikaserial/views/plugins/view.html.php" please replace

switch ($value[1]) {
			case 'input':
By
		switch ($value[1]) {
			case 'input':
			case 'int':
			case 'float':
The rest of the modification should not impact you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #202612

It works like a charm now, Jerome. Very much appreciated for your patient replies and marvelous resolution. You are most responsible software maintainer I have ever seen in the Joomla society. Wish your business will thrive in the near future.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds