Possible buglet in Refresh Associations

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 2 months ago #84171

Hikashop Business 2.0.0
Hika Serial 1.5
Joomla 2.5.8

I have Hika Serial and HikaShop set up so that Hikaserial generates serials for gift certificates.

When The system creates a new order (paid by the Hikashop Cheque payment method) and we MANUALLY change the status to confirmed, the serial number is not updated. We have to go out of the order and then back in to see it. Is there any way we can make this update and show the serial immediately when the status is changed?

The bug (might not be) is that when we click "Refresh Associations" the system adds another serial number, click it again and it will add another and so on. Because the order screen wasn't auto updating and hence we weren't seeing the serial number, every time we clicked the Refresh Associations button we were adding valid FREE serials and sending them out. Good job we aren't live yet.

We have managed to get a procedure going so we don't send out free coupons so we should be ok for now but we have to be careful. I would imagine that anyone buying through Paypal etc should not trigger this problem for us as the status is changed automatically.

Jeff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #84172

Hi Jeff,

What is your HikaSerial status configuration ? (Assignable order statuses)
When you update an order, HikaShop would refresh the page and the serial should be assign directly. If you have to get out and come back to see the modification, it is not really logical.

If you want, I can check your configuration if you send me a backend access by private message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #84175

Assignable Order Statuses are Confirmed,Shipped

On the front end, the items in question are on the Gift Certificate button and payment via cheque (so manual order fulfillment in the backend)

When we change the status of the order to Confirmed and either send an email to the client or not, for us, the serial is not displayed although we realise now that it is generated.

Can you also check the update order email for me as that was not sending the serial out until I inserted a short piece of code I found in another thread.

I will PM login details for you.

Cheers, Jeff.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 2 months ago #84181

Hi,

The problem was that, your packs had the option "consume serials" activated.
So serials which was generated were set as "assigned" and not correctly managed by the "refresh association" button (I will fix it).
Without the "consume" option, the serial have the "used" status and the "refresh buttons" works fine.

The coupon generator generate a serial and an HikaShop coupon. The serial is "just" for the history/information and would not be used by HikaShop. The generated coupon would have the same code than the serial data, so the serial allow you to know which serial have been bought by who.

After that, the generator would generate as many coupon as required so you would not have any stock problem.
A pack which have a generator is considered having an unlimited stock.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 2 months ago #84240

Thank you so much Jerome, Apologies for suggesting a bug, should have known it was me :)

Everything is just so complex, and I know you cannot make it any simpler than this, it must be a nightmare to program. How you cater for all the mad combinations of things we out here want to do, I cannot imagine.

Can I just say that the support I have received from everyone at Hikashop has been incredible, I've worked my way up from the free version to Essentials to Business and now added HikaSerial and the support has been fantastic all the way. We are going to skip a version and go for Multivendor once we are sure everything works as we want it and It is so reassuring to know that you have support like this to catch the silly mistakes we make.

Regards, to all At Hikashop, hope 2013 will be your best year yet.

Jeff.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds