Gift Certificates balance and HikaSerial

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 11 months ago #48050

I found an older thread indicating the need to use alphauserpoints instead of gift certificates in order to maintain a balance of unused credit. ($100 gift certificate - use on $75 on a purchase = $25 remaining). Is that still the case? Does the use of HikaSerial change that in any way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 11 months ago #48085

In a future version of HikaSerial, you will be able to generate coupons from products.
However, a piece missing to what you want is to have these coupons to be converted into AlphaUserPoints so that the unused credit can be used later on. That second part would require some additional development.

The following user(s) said Thank You: momentis

11 years 11 months ago #48125

So HikaSerial cannot be used, as is, to generate products (gift certificates) for HikaShop automatically?

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 11 months ago #48139

Hi,

I am currently working on the next version of HikaSerial with a more complete plugin system.
The first generator plugin would be a "random code generator" which would create serial codes.
The second generator plugin would be a "coupon generator" (based on the first plugin) which would create HikaShop coupon codes.

I have some ideas about options for the plugin but you have already some specifications/requirements, don't hesitate to tell me and I will implement it in the plugin.

Regards,
Jerome

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 11 months ago #48149

From my perspective, it should generate a unique code automatically when a gift certificate is purchased in the HikaShop store. I would assume that HikaShop would store this code in the same fashion as coupon codes in order to be used by customers. That would work. And the code should be displayed only after payment processing is complete and verified. That's absolutely key.

However, and I realize this is a bigger step, it would be fantastic if the gift certificates could be maintained in a table that would allow multiple uses until that balance on the certificate is used. So, if I have a gift certificate for $100, I can use it as many times as I want until that $100 is exhausted. The gift certificates table would need to be able to track the initial balance (the gift certificate amount) as well as the current balance. If a customer does not utilize the full amount of the certificate, the amount they do use is deducted from the certificate balance, creating a new current balance.

I know I am asking for a lot, but it's what would be necessary for me to really be able to effectively implement this for my clients. Thanks for taking the time!!!!!!

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 11 months ago #48194

I understand your needs.
The coupon generation part would be include soon in HikaSerial.
The version 1.0.1 currently includes the new plugin system with the "random generator". I will see if the "coupon generator" would be included in the 1.0.1 or 1.0.2

For the second part which is more about the HikaShop coupon system, I will see with Nicolas what would be required to develop.
I don't think that it would be a fast development because it would impact a big part of the coupon system. I will keep you informed.

Regards,
Jerome

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 11 months ago #48200

Understood. The balance maintenance is not a critical issue, but one that would make the system more applicable to others. If I had the coupon generator part, I can include text on my site letting people know they had to use the entire certificate with one purchase.

Thanks!

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds