Serials on order confirmation Email

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 8 months ago #59476

For some payments, we manually process the creditc ard payment. However when we do this, when updating the order to "Confirmed" the serials are not attached to the email.

For now we have put a link on the email saying "If you order is now cnfirmed, you can print your serial codes from "here""

Am I correct in assuming this is because the email is generated before the serials are assigned, therefore they dnt show up.

Would it be possible to have a seperate email for the serials so that when an order is confirmed, they get the status change email, then a second email with their serials attached...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 8 months ago #59487

Hi,

When you change the status of an order in the backend, the email that you would send is generated before that the status is changed.
We can assign serials before because, when you would click on "ok", the status would change and the email would be sent. If you close the window, nothing would change so, if the serials were assigned, there would be a error.

I think we would add a little button near the order status dropdown, this button would open the popup, like the dropdown but would not change the status of the order, just to "re-sent" an email.
After that, you can change the status of the order to "shipped" (and do not notify the customer) and then change to "confirmed" (and notify the customer).
Serials would be assigned during "shipped" modification, so there would be present in the "confirmation email".
If you don't want to use the "shipped" status, you can create a "pre-confirmed" status (or other name) which would be configured in HikaSerial as "Assignable order status".
This transitional status would help you to generate and assign serials before the confirmation and the confirmation email.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 8 months ago #59490

That seems to be a good temporary workaround, to be able to create to "re-send" email button.

The alternative, (which may require more work) would be perhaps that on order status confirmed, a plugin is called which sends a second email with the serials attached.

i.e
Order status changed -> Custmer recevied order status change email -> Customer recevies a second email with the serials listed/atatched.

That way serials (or tickets in my case) would always be sent under seperate email to the customer (perhaps even as a PDF attachment, and the email could be formatted as appropriate (again for my case as a ticket layout)

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 8 months ago #59495

Hi,

We can add some new triggers in HikaSerial if needed (in order to plug some plugins).
So, we can imagine without any problem that HikaSerial could send another email with serials when new serials are assigned to an order.

In HikaShop, it is possible to catch emails before there are sent; thanks to it, you can modify the email content, attach files, change some values.
There is an HikaShop plugin which create PDF invoices and attach them to invoice emails.

If you want to talk about custom development for your tickets, you can contact me by email : jerome at hikashop.com

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 8 months ago #59496

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I dont really have anything in budget to do any custom development at the moment, so will work along the lines of customisig the email to direct the customer back to the website to print their tickets in the meantime. However if you do want to even consider putting this in as an upcoming feature I would be more than happy to work with you and help to develop the serials for use as ticketing etc.

Regards

Phil

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds