How to limit serials for certain groups?

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 4 months ago #130111

We have a product that anyone can purchase.That product is also linked to serials.I only want to create serials for certain group not for all.I checked ACL but there is no option neither in generator nor in pack.I dont think it's available right now.How can I do this?Can we do this easily by customizing code?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 4 months ago #130175

Hi,,

First please careful when posting in the forum. If you do not use the HikaSerial forum section, I won't be able to see easily your message (so I moved this thread).

There is currently no option in HikaSerial which allow you to restrict the serial generation to a specific group.
HikaSerial does not check who buy the products, it just which products has been bought.
It could be possible to add such group restriction in the pack itself. It requires some modifications in the HikaSerial core.
Otherwise it is possible to do such thing in a custom serial generator but the configuration should be very specific at this moment in order to not use any serial from the database and always generator new one. (Otherwise HikaSerial could use serials from the database and assign them to users who shouldn't have)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds