HikaSerial with HikaMarket - vendor management

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 month ago #193876

Dear all,

I carefully looked in the documentation and I didn't find a answer:

I would like to use HikaMarket as a plateform to sell e-tickets (main activity, but I also would like to let my vendors sell other physical goods) and I would like to know how it works for the vendors to create a product like a ticket for a concert that they can check physically during the concert with a smartphone or manually on a laptop.

My questions :
The qr code or serial, can it be generate automatically without any intervention of the vendor ?
(I don't want that the vendor has to manage the creation of pack of serials or something like that).
I would like something simple for the vendor : Creation of a product (ticket of concert with different prices, adults, kids, students,...), price, date of validity (1 year from the date of the sale), image and publish his product.

And when the customer buy this ticket, he receive automatically the e-ticket by email with qr code and/or serial.

When this customer come to the concert with the e-ticket, the organizer can check the validity of the ticket with his smartphone or with his laptop, and have immediately the confirmation (or not) of the validity of it.

And, after the concert, I would like that the vendor can check in his vendor area how many tickets sold on the website have been checked during the concert.

Is it currently possible to manage something like that with HikaMarket and HikaSerial without any specific development ? ( I mean with currents plugins and configurations available)

If yes, can you please try to explain me how I can manage that, or at least try to give me the way I have to follow to do that ?

Many thanks for your help ! :)

Livio.

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Livio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 1 month ago #193902

Hi,

HikaSerial and HikaMarket have an integration.
For the moment it's not possible to manage HikaSerial in the front-end (but the feature is in progress) but it already provide the required features.

When a vendor edit a product, he can select a serial pack for his product.
Even if a vendor can't create a pack for itself, he can use an existing pack.

By using the same pack, you are sure that the plugin "attach serial" will provide an image (the e-ticket) in the order.
So vendor wouldn't have the possibility to custom the e-ticket but you have possibility to display a lot of information.
"attach serial" already manage the "vendor" fields in his configuration, so you can display information of the vendor (name, custom field, image, etc).

About the validation ; you can use a generic url and use the plugin "group filter" to just authorize the vendors to consume serials.
Thanks to that, a vendor logged-in in the website with his laptop or smartphone will be able to scan the QRcode and see if the serial is valid or not.

For the serial stats, it is something which could be displayed in the product edition with a little customization.
It is currently the only missing point I see (even if letting the vendor create their packs and manage directly their serials/plugins could be interesting.. It is not vital to have something working).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 month ago #193922

Dear Jerome,

Many thanks for your answer.

About the validation : Is it possible for a vendor to enter manually the serial in his vendor area and see if it's valid or not ?
(in case the scanner doesn't work or something like that).
And what he will see exactly when he checks the serial ? If it's valid and if it's not valid.
For example: When he enter the serial and click on "check", he will see a message like that "sorry this serial has been already used by "username", "date" " ?
And if it's valid, what's happen exactly in the vendor area ?

And to finish, I don't understand what do you mean by generic url. Is it something that the vendor has to manage in his vendor area or by the admin in general settings of hikaserial ?

Many thanks again.

Livio

9 years 1 month ago #193926

Hi,

Yes it is possible.
HikaSerial have a "consume" feature which can work with an URL (the URL that you place in the QRcode) but you can also have a page with an input box to let the user enter his serial.
You can also have a module for the consumption ; module that you can display only to your vendors.

If the serial is valid you will see the details of the serial (that you can customize using a view override if you want to display more or less information).
If the serial is not valid, we just display a message, we do not specific by who the serial has been used ; but it can be possible to display such information thanks to an override.

In the vendor area, nothing happen, the serials are not linked to the vendor so there is nothing to do ; all the consumption is made in HikaSerial.

And for the URL, no ; it's just the url to point to the HikaSerial consumption feature (cf documentation).
It is also possible to use a Joomla menu in order to have a shorten URL ; but it's optional.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 7 months ago #214417

Hi,

I have been following this thread since I'm interested in the same setup that Livio proposed in the opening message, but I still see some unclear points. I hope you can help me clarify them.

At first sight, creating products and linking them with serials look like a quite complex job for vendors (event organisers in this case). Is there a way to simplify this process? Something like creating a generic “ticket” product that is already linked with the required serial pack and that vendors will just have to click new? This is not a deal breaker though since I could use a bespoke form to capture ticket information only and then configure from the backend, but it would help.

However, what I see of paramount importance are the reporting capabilities for each vendor. I think hikashop has it covered as far as orders are concerned, who has bought what tickets, how they paid for them, refunds, etc...but what about form the event management perspective? Let's say a vendor organises two different events with three types of tickets each event, is there a way to link/group tickets so are under the same event umbrella and reports are easier to understand? Once they scan the tickets at the door, can they see a report in the front end of what tickets were checked in (serials consumed)?

Many thanks,
Daniel

8 years 7 months ago #214427

Hi,

Vendors don't have to create package or generators ; they just have to assign an existing pack with their products.
So on the contrary, for the vendor, the process is simple, there is just one thing to do.

With next HikaSerial release (which will be after the HikaShop 2.6 release)n the interface will be improved and the selection for the pack will use the namebox system (and not a popup like in the current release).
pasteboard.co/GwwgDYj.png

Now that's right that HikaSerial does not propose a front-end interface for HikaMarket to let the vendors see the generated serials for their orders.
That is an interesting idea and I'll create a feature request for that.

Nevertheless, with the current version, the vendor can assign hikaserial packs with his products and he will be able to "consume" them ; if the pack names are simple, the vendor won't have any problem to select the "ticket" pack if he want to generate tickets.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds