How to attach e-ticket with barcode to order email

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 7 months ago #250244

I have followed all of the steps in your HikaSerial e-tickets tutorial in an attempt to have my products set up as online tickets, however after several test orders (using a 100% discount coupon) and playing around with the settings over and over, the QR/barcode just won't appear in the confirmation emails or customer order details. Do you have an idea why this might be?
I'm also confused as to whether or not there should be an attachment included in the order emails sent to customer, for example a jpeg/pdf for each ticket with individual codes or even just one attachment for the whole order, with a single barcode?

Thank you and if you require any further information, please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 7 months ago #250277

Hi,

In order to have the barcode in the email, you need to have "serials" in the order from the pack you selected in your "attachserial" configuration.
Do you have serial visible in your backend order details ?

The plugin can only add his email attachments when the order notification email is send from the "front-end payment notification" and when the order is confirmed in the backend (in the order details, NOT in the order listing).

To have the coupon image visible in the customer order details ; you need to use the "attach as download" option and create a virtual product file for your products with serial.

And the "attach serial" plugin will create one image per serial in the order.
If you do not have serial generated through plugins ; the best would be to use the plugin "serial per order" so you can generate one serial for each confirmed order.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 7 months ago #250367

Hi Jerome, thank you for the quick reply!

I do have a serial visible in the backend order details, and all orders are listed as confirmed. The serials are linked to the correct pack and I have set these to be attached as download.
I have also attached the e-ticket serials to each product, but I'm not sure if this is the same as "creating a virtual product file for your products with serial"?

Please see the attached screenshots for illustration.

Attachments:

7 years 7 months ago #250400

Hi,

You're configuration and your order looks okay.
You should be able to use the "email" button in the order details to send manually an email.
In that email, the "attach image" plugin will also attach his content.

If in that email, you still do not have emails ; it would be interesting to look at how Joomla is sending emails and maybe, tweak some advanced settings in the Joomla side of the plugin.
In "Joomla > Extensions > Plugins", you will be able to see the "attach serial" plugin and access to the advanced settings.

The setting "attach a virtual file" will use another way to include an attachment to the email. We know that some configuration could have issue with the "virtual files".
The "add attachment with mime type" can also be a source of issue with some email servers. But in most cases, that "mime type" is needed by the email server.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #250488

Thank you for the tips, turns out the Joomla side of the Attach serial plugin wasn't enabled so I enabled it and can now see the images attached in order emails.

Just one more question to be clear; it seems that depending on the email system at the receiving end of the order emails (I've tested with Gmail, Hotmail and Zimbra), the images are either received as downloadable png file attachments (Zimbra) or just visible as images at the end of the email (Gmail, Hotmail) with no other way to open/download the image besides saving it. It would be preferred to have the images as downloadable attachments for all recipients, but is there a way of configuring this or is it up to the receiving email system?

7 years 7 months ago #250507

Hi,

You can use the setting

The "add attachment with mime type" can also be a source of issue with some email servers. But in most cases, that "mime type" is needed by the email server.

without a mime type, the file would be treated as a generic file. So it could work.
If they are just using the file extension, I'm afraid that it won't be possible to change how a webmail is acting with images as attachments.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: lpks

7 years 6 months ago #251025

Hi again Jerome, I have played around with the e-ticket customisation using this tutorial
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.h...ns-attachserial-form

Is there a way to have the purchased product name appear on the ticket? I tried using the dynamic text type and also translation, but haven't been able to figure out what the url or namekey should be.. Am I even on the right track?

Also, is there a way of having additional fields/information on the ticket? So for example if there is a required field on certain products and that product is purchased, the input for that field would appear on the ticket.
I sell admission and lunch tickets for a tourist attraction, and have set it so that when lunch tickets are purchased, customers must choose their visit date. It would be helpful to have this date on the tickets, along with the product name.

7 years 6 months ago #251072

Hi,

in the list of the types you will find the "Product..." which allows you to display the elements from the "product" table.
By putting the value "product_name", you will display the data from the "product" field "product_name".
If you use a dynamic text, you have to use a tag, like

{product.product_name}

About the additional fields ; without more details it will be hard to tell you.
But knowing that you can read every data from the database (related to the order and the serial) ; yes you can display content of order/item custom fields.
(Note: item custom field = table "order product").

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds