-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 62

Hi guys,
I'm selling eTickets for Events, so:

A - I followed the eTicket tutorial step by step;
B - I set "Author" group in the Group filter plugin configuration;
C - I configured the Attach Serial plugin following a little bit the example;

--- When buying the customer receive their own QR Code. The serial is "assigned".
--- In the product "Restrictions and Dimensions > Available from > to ... " I set a date, so customers will can buy the ticket till few hours before the event.
--- In the entry during the event the QR Code will be validated and customers will can enter. The serial will become "used".

1 - How to set a limit time till the QR Code Serial can be used to enter ?
2 - How to set a status like "Expired" to all the not used eTickets ?
3 - (Or the "Expired" function is done from the "Unassigned" status ?!?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #283563

Hello,

1 - With the build-in plugins, you can't.
But it would be possible thanks to a custom development.
And you can see a plugin, "time limited" which is providing a similar feature :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...-timelimitedgen.html

2 - Best would be to use a mass-action with the new mass-action system which is currently under development.
For the moment, I would recommend you to use a SQL query in PHP My Admin if you do have an important quantity of serials.

3 - I'm sorry but I don't understand that question.
The serial statuses are just statuses. There is no active workflow in HikaSerial ; but there is a workflow in "HikaSerial Subscription" since that evolution of HikaSerial is made to handle subscription, with expiration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 35
6 years 4 months ago #283590

Hi Jerome,
thanks for help on understanding:

1 - Yes, the " Time Limited Generator plugin " "validity period" (from date to date, not as days) feature would be a very good thing to add and to complete the "Attach Serial plugin". In that way there will be a plugin that do all.

2 - What is the estimated "new mass-action system" roadmap / release date ?

3 - I mean, What is the right status of a Serial when not used in the right time (and I don't want it will be ever used) ?
With a time limit feature I suppose that the status will always be "assigned", but cannot be used anymore. Am I right ?
Otherwise, closing the entry of the event, if I want to manually "stop" the possibility to use the QR Code, I'll have to switch the serial to ... ? ..."Unassigned" status ?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #283608

Hello,

1 - We will see how we can add such kind of request in our TODO list.
But I think that having a date selector in the generator might not be the best solution ; I would rather perform a link using a product custom field so the product itself (which would be the source of the generation) would contain the expiration date.
It would be easier for the configuration because you wouldn't have to create one pack per event/date.

2 - Honestly, I don't have any clue.
I worked on a refactoring of the mass action core but it is really hard to say what is the require amount of work to provide the same features that the actual system ; and the required time to develop the new features that we want to add thanks to that new system.
Because I'm working on HikaSerial/HikaSubscription and HikaMarket these days, my developments regarding HikaShop 3.x are a bit in "stand by" (but the rest of the HikaShop team is still working on a lot of other tasks).

3 - You can use the "unassigned" status.
Afterwards it depends on how you organized your HikaSerial configuration but if you stay with the default setting, it would be fine.
"Unassigned" is not part of the displayable statuses, and not in the "assignable" list.
By design, that status was made for the previously assigned serials of order which are being refunded.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ation.html#main_main

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds