Extra fields problems

• Thank you received: 9
9 years 9 months ago #161931

Hi!

Having some problems/questions related to extra fields in order table.

a) I wanted to add related dropdown to the vendor selector dropdown. As I see now it can be only solved in that way, if I create for every vendor a seperate dropdown list with their own field. Is there any way solve that in only one dropdown? (I want to connect vendors with location options in a dropdown)

b) Tried to translate datepicker but I was not able to do it. I searched over the forum, I've found a topic about it, updated the plugin with the version attached in this thread ( hikashop.com/forum/install-update/868814...endar-translate.html ), but it's still showing it in english. I've looked over the source code, it's loading the correct hungarian language file ( raw.githubusercontent.com/jquery/jquery-....ui.datepicker-hu.js ) but labels (Done, day names (Mo,Tu,We...etc.)) remained english. Also the field is filled with english text, but when stepping back from next step, the field is translated to hungarian.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
PePe

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by pepecortez. Reason: Missing link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 9 months ago #161938

Hi,

a) Please explain the context. I currently don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

b) I will recommend you to continue on the dedicated thread for the datepicker.
I am no longer the maintainer of the datepicker and it is not the right forum section for that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 9
9 years 9 months ago #161943

Hi Jerome,

a)
We have apx. 30 vendors. All the vendors have different shop locations (one vendor can have multiple locations (location is a simple dropdown in our table)). We wanna let the user to choose from the locations dropdown list after he choosed the vendor. But as the locations are always different in different vendors (so we cannot show all locations to all vendors), now we can solve that only by creating a dropdown list for each vendor and set the "display limited to" field on each. Also in thay way we can not export these datas easily, there are 30 columns in export just for the location.

b) OK.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 9 months ago #161952

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

The best way to accomplish your goal is to use a custom plugin.
It is possible to extend the custom fields like HikaMarket does with the "vendor selector" or the "datepicker" which is now included in HikaShop packages.
The idea of the field is to change dynamically his content depending the vendor selection custom field.
You can add a javascript trigger when the "vendor selection" value changed (in the input box or in the drop down) and change the content of your location drop down.

By adding a vendor custom field, you can let your vendors edit their locations, data that your custom plugin can re-use to get the different locations of the different vendors.

Like you noticed, creating 30 different custom fields for the 30 vendors won't be a good solution and could be very difficult to manage.
With this kind of custom plugin, you will be able to have a control on the data and how you will display/use it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds