Products not showing in vendor product categories

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 9 months ago #244163

Hello,
after digging through the forums, I could not come up with any solution.

I have added a HikaShop Content Module to be displayed in the vendor page. In that module I would like to display the product categories of each vendor, so that a visitor can browse each vendor's products beginning with their categories.

The module is configured as shown in the following image:

The product categories appear under each vendor's page, however when a user clicks to view the contents of any category, no product is shown. Products are counted and displayed in the parenthesis for each category.

You can find a demo vendor page in the following demo linkl: ( demo2.brain.net.gr/index.php/vendors/vendor/show/5-ctylianos )

Thanks in advance,
Stelios

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 9 months ago #244174

Hi,

You are using a category listing module.
That module is synchronize with the current page ; so it will be synchronize with the current vendor.
But when you click on a link, you will stay in the same page ; on the same vendor page where you have the same modules (a category listing module).
So in your vendor page, you do not display any product ; that's why you cannot see any product.

But if you put a product listing module with the "synchronize", it will be synchronize with the vendor, not with the category listing module displayed in the same page. A module can just be synchronize with the menu and not the other modules.

So in your category listing module, you have to use another "menu" in your configuration, so the link will point to a category listing menu where you will also have a product listing (included with the category listing menu, no need extra module).

All that part is not related with HikaMarket ; it is only HikaShop module (and menus), in that case HikaMarket is just a special context because you have a menu which is not a category or product listing.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 8 months ago #244281

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I believe I got it working now, products do appear when a user clicks on the vendor category. That menu parameter will be very useful,

However, the products displayed are not synchronized with the vendor. This will be very confusing for the user. How can I make it so that the next page loads products only from that vendor?

Thanks in advance,
Stelios

7 years 8 months ago #244307

Hi,

There is no option or parameter to do that.
Because you link to an HikaShop category/product listing menu, you removed the HikaMarket context and the vendor information.

And even if you want to add a parameter in the link to the category listing menu (and you have a plugin to handle it) ; you will need to perform some modifications in order to keep that parameter while you browse the content (change the page, enter into a sub category, etc).
The usage of a filter could be the best solution ; the product have a filter "product_vendor_id" that you can use in a filter but unfortunately, the filter system does not allow plugins/add-on to extend the features ; so the customer will just see a number in the filter.. In that case, hiding the filter block would be the best.

The other solution would be to modify/improve HikaMarket in order to let him handle several modules in the same time and handle the special case where you have a category listing and a product listing just below.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 8 months ago #244865

Hello again, since it is necessary for us to be able to display vendor products from vendor categories in the vendor page, I tried a different approach.

I now have separate categories for each vendor.I followed the instructions and applied the following:

Under the category [products] I have a category for each vendor and under that category are the various vendor product subcategories. Something like:
products
- vendor 1
- - category 1
- - - subcategory 1
- - - subcategory 2
- - category 2
- vendor 2
etc

I have a category listing module (Main category option: products) under each vendor page with synchronized content that works properly. That module is using a menu item that points to a category listing menu just like you advised. In the category listing menu item I have Main category option set also to products.

When clicking on any vendor category from the vendor page I do not see the contents of that category. I always see the contents of the vendor category. (ie when I click on the category 1 I get both category 1 and category 2, although the url is properly pointing to category 1)

What is the parameter I am missing?

Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #244866

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.
Please do not duplicate the thread for the same issue :
www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/885...sting-menu-item.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds